Hecky Disappointed

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by gooderzone, Sep 28, 2017.

1. gooderzone

gooderzone Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    in the reaction of the fans in cheering Potts' substitution on Tuesday night.

And rightly so. He was out on his feet after 82 minutes on Saturday and 80 minutes on the night, having taken a nasty knock to the ankle in the first half.

I am not Potts' biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but that reaction was totally uncalled for and ultimately counter-productive.

2. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't care what any fan might think about an individual player, cheering them being subbed is a cnuts trick.

3. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I said to my brother on Tuesday, he was a doubt for the game so was probably carrying a knock. Problem is, there's some really daft folk about.

4. Glo

GloucesterRedsBigBro Well-Known Member

Retired Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    surely there were ample replacements

5. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe it were down to the lad being irreplacable ever since he came to the club clearly unfit to our standards. just a thowt, he got a good rarnd of applause after the initial cheers.

Xerxes likes this.
  6. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This. There is no excuse at all. The same thing happened to Conor a couple of seasons back. It was probably the same numb-nuts who did it then.

Snaptin, occook and JLWBigLil like this.
  7. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Has he been carrying a knock all season

8. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was out of order him getting jeered like that but surely he should have been hauled off at least 10 mins before he was.

I folded my arms and shut my gob. Not seen owt worth applauding but won't jeer like that.

Xerxes likes this.
  9. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Runs like he`s carrying a sack at times.

10. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At the risk of being told I'm giving him dogs abuse, he's one of the most un-natural looking footballers I've ever seen, from his running style to what he actually does.

Still, he can only improve.

SirPsychoSexy likes this.
  11. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i'll never condone jeering a player, but it is what it is. personally i didn't hear jeering. i heard cheering, but not jeering. and you could take the cheering any number of ways tbh. but i'm also disappointed. disappointed that hecky started him in the first place. disappointed that he's getting game time ahead of ryan hedges. disappointed that he managed to stay on the pitch for 80 minutes. disappointment all round. very disappointed.

12. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I knew it would happen as soon as the number was held up

13. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    He's got the most unusual gait for a footballer, like he's plodding around the field, compared to that of Moncur who looks like he's floating around the pitch, the difference being Moncur clearly has some quality to work with. I see nothing of the sort with Potts. He might excel in games against the kick and rush long ball type teams, generally seen in leagues 2 and the conference.
    Watching him you can clearly see he doesn't have the nouse to compete in this league, on the ball, especially in advanced positions he hasn't a clue what to do.

Hope he proves me wrong as Hecky clearly rates him, so we'll be seeing more of him for sure.

14. stainxred

stainxred Active Member

Scientist
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Just to contrast, I was there when Paul Cross made his debut at Oakwell. The occasion clearly got to him and he was awful, was sub'd early doors, crowd gave still gave him a great reception when he came off though. That's proper support.
    Hecky specifically mentioned in his press report he (Potts) was top of the sprinting stats, as some seem to doubt his work ethic. The lads played very few games at this level , people need to seriously cut him ( and the team) a bit of slack.

Red CB and RedLeader21 like this.
  15. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I think he's mint. My favourite player. Not that it means owt, but aye.

RedLeader21 likes this.
  16. Red

RedLeader21 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How can we sit here and gush about how BFC are a fantastic club, brilliant support, good atmosphere, and an all round great club for players to want to play for when we act like this?

Perhaps Potts looks unnatural in the championship because it is unnatural. Just as sitting in a car and driving for the first time is unnatural, but everyone does it and everyone learns. Honestly, there's a young lad pushing his body to the limits to play for this club and people sit here complaining that he doesn't have the brain or the natural skills, compared to Moncur? Moncur came up through Spurs and West Ham academies with a premier league footballer for a dad. Potts came from Carlisle.

The last big lanky blonde lad we bought from the lower leagues who struggled to adapt (to league one) was our captain last season. Fans have been spoilt and can no longer appreciate hard work IMO.

I'd take Potts over any of the experienced tripe that got us relegated last time round, or any premier league youth loan. He's our player, so get behind him now.

17. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm a fan of neither but I'd have Potts over Moncur everyday of the week. Moncur is shocking.

My problem with Potts is no matter how poor he is, it's like he's guarenteed a start. Think the cheering was from people wanting to let PH know what they think of him as a player.

18. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I was Hecky id be thinking more of how to get a few more wins under my belt.. not starting a spat with fans who pay good money and are not the fools some would like to treat them as

19. gooderzone

gooderzone Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's my point in the original post. If that's people's opinion of the lad then he certainly doesn't need to hear it. It's counter-productive.

And Hecky absolutely doesn't need to hear it. He knows more about the lad than any of us. He knows what his strengths and weaknesses are. We trust him to do what's best for the team/club, so let him get on with it and if you're not impressed with a player who's clearly trying but not quite cutting it yet, best to keep it buttoned for now. Brek Shea got more support and never did owt positive.

20. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He cant be that mint if people have got to come out and try to persuade others, that think differently, that their judgment is wrong..

My favourite Womble was Uncle Bulgaria