Hecky is a beast

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by JamDrop, Aug 11, 2017.

1. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've just stumbled upon this article whilst in the depths of Google. http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/news/0516-leeds-beckett-student-aiming-for-wembley-playoff-success/

So whilst he was busy taking us to Wembley twice and taking us from the bottom of the league to play-off winners, he was also studying for a Masters at the same time. I'm not sure if he was still studying whilst having to do all the CEO tasks too. No wonder he needed a holiday!

Seems a tad strange that I live quite close to the uni and went there myself and Hecky's been popping along without me knowing it. The line of 'A Leeds Beckett University postgraduate student...' seems strange to read too as to us obviously he's way more famous for being 'Hecky, Barnsley manager' whereas that makes him seem like an unknown random student.

Connor and woolley mammoth like this.
  2. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Makes you wonder how he finds time to see his family....

3. Dod

Dodgy Back Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    'kinell.... I work there and didn't realise Hecky was studying there.....

4. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    The Sun once had a non-news story about Adele, you know, the one who's sold more albums in the UK than anyone else in history... Well they introduced her in the article as 'Cider fan Adele'.

JamDrop likes this.
  5. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wish we could get back to the days where employers invested in their staff through supporting higher learning and further education. I was incredibly lucky that a couple of years ago my work paid for and gave me time to do my masters. Ultimately it has improved me as a person and employee and they have benefited from what I gained from the experience.

Unfortunately training and education budgets seem to have reduced and become so targeted at direct courses, ignoring the wider benefits broader education can have.