Hecky now evens for Norwich

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Huddersfield Red, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Roy Hodgson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ridiculously harsh and unnecessary

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

3. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    why not? Ideal replacement if hecky leaves in my opinion. And that's a massive if.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Julian Broddle's Perm likes this.
  4. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Sadly, and whilst I try not to be a doom and gloom merchant, it is increasingly looking like it may happen. IMHO there is one person responsible for the upturn in our fortunes over the last 15 months and that is the manager. He has demonstrated the multiple talents of developing young players, motivating them and getting them to work to a system. He has developed a team spirit and also shown maturity dealing with the media and all the extra workload he has had thrust upon him with the loss of the CEO and, as has been said losing the spine of the team he brought on. His tactical nous and philosophy on how to play the game has grown and developed week on week.
    It is often said that no one person is greater than the team but in Hecky's case it can be said if he goes, combined with the health problems of our owner and all that that entails and the sudden departure (as yet unexplained) of the CEO, I fear for the future of the club. Without serious injection of funds, or any apparent guidance from the board, it will be nigh on impossible to recruit and develop players in the way 'the plan' demands. 1st division will loom large next season and the prospect struggling for points and relegation is hardly the stuff to encourage season ticket sales resulting in plummeting revenue

I may be jumping the gun, and it MAY not happen, but the signs are ominous. If he leaves, it will be body blow that copuld see the club stuck in the lower division for a long long time. It feels worse because we are coming off such a high when anything seemed possible.

Like I said, I don't normally see the glass as anything but three-quarters full even when we lost key players in January as I trust Hecky. Losing him though is a different matter entirely.

5. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm afraid to say I see your scenario as entirely plausible, Tekktyke. And let's not forget that the chairman is in post due to his friendship with the owner.

What are you doing to celebrate on Wednesday, by the way?