Heckys interview re finance

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Brian Mahoneys Waist, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Something he said that people should understand when slating PC.not word for word but something like "the transfer money doesn't belong to P.Cryne it belongs to Barnsley football club."

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    EDIT - Not sure what your point is? I already know it isn't PC's money unless he takes it out as dividend as he has already written off his loans

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    BFC Dave likes this.
  3. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Most people on here seem to think the money belongs to Cryne.

4. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But Im sure Cryne can decide how its spent, or not

5. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As he is not a director, I don't think he can.

6. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Then who does

7. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It would be great if we could combine - the stewardship of the present board of directors - combined with the management of Hecky and his back room staff - coupled with a very wealthy director that could maybe put a few £million in to add to what Patrick has put in so we could compete a little bit better on wages and sort the players contracts out.

The club has done really well so far in the transfer market - and I know it's a bit frustrating at the moment regarding wingers / strikers - but I'm sure the club will sort it.

8. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Best press conference in a while for me.

He nailed down a few things. Still wants someone central, a winger and multiple strikers. Clearly, wants Fletcher, Needs to be banging the door down for that one imo.

9. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My take on what Hecky said is as follows. It may or may not be correct.

First up, I didn't detect a noticeably upbeat tone from Paul. He is a man to treat triumph and disaster both the same, and that is to his credit. He is not one to go overboard when we succeed, or to become too downcast when we don't. But I didn't detect much joy at all from how he sounded.

As regards the club finances. My take is that he was saying that the inward revenues we have received are likely to go to shoring up the day to day running of the club, rather than to fund any splashes on more high profile players. He indicated that clubs would be mistaken if they were to think we'd be paying any big money out as a result of big transfer revenues inwards. In other words, the plan remains and will continue to be the modus operandi going forward.

Hecky seemed to indicate that we have a lot of new players who have been used to lots of different ideas regarding setup and playing styles, but that it was the job of his staff and himself to get them playing to our systems. He said that there had been several months with a lot of last year's squad but much of this year's had only been together a matter of weeks. My inference from this is that we would be naïve to think that the squad we are currently assembling will be ready to be competitive in the first weeks or months of the season. The opening ten or so fixtures look very tough in this learning/development period.

Hecky also said that when it comes to player sales then the decision has to be right for the club. That means that we should be able to remain competitive when we sell players because we have replacements ready to step forward and work towards replacing the departing players. He did not say it, but I felt that he didn't necessarily believe that this had been the case with some of our recent sales. The results certainly bear out that this was not the case through the last third of last season.

All in all, a very tough start to the season awaits. Let's hope that any early setbacks can be overcome in the way the promotion squad achieved that.

10. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    As owner of the football club, you dont think he has any influence on how money is spent or distributed?