Help me out here...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Johnny the tyke, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Joh

Johnny the tyke Well-Known Member

Beer Baron
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Honestly I don't get it... the whole team had an off day yesterday. But young Williams getting pelters on phone ins, facebook threads ans BBS. But in my opinion was not the worst player in a red shirt yesterday.

Comments suggesting all Coventry attacks came down the right side because they saw a weakness in Williams. No they didn't! If that were so. How come both their wingers scored?? Poor defending yes!

In my opinion Stendal errors yesterday. Substitutions were to late in the game and this gave impetus to Coventry and allowed them back into the game. What was baffling to me was that Thiam who was never in the game and picked up a knock before half time stayed on the field until 88th minute.

But why didn't we win the game? It wasn't due to poor defensive work or Stendal's tactics. We should have been out of sight by half time with the number of clear cut chances we had. Poor finishing is reason we did not win. Woodrow, Mcgeehan, Mowatt, Thiam, Bahre, Green, Cavare, Brown and Hedges all guilty.

Despite early dominance Davies in the end could and arguably should have been man of the match.

Kettlewell, leeupo and seethi like this.
  2. phi

philtyke72 Active Member

Very concise report was at match and totally agree.thonk can blame fatigue even mental fatigue.Could do with some warm weather training for a couple of days in Majorca or mainland Spain to rejuvenate side into final games.

3. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wouldn’t say the whole team had an off day yesterday, it’s the best we’ve played in a few games. We were guilty of firing several opportunities off target and typically a combination of poor reffing and poor defending saw us concede with their first shot. Their second was unlucky in that when Williams put the challenge/ block in it ricoched right into the path of their player who finished well with their second shot at goal. Williams shouldn’t be lambasted and it’s wrong to do so. Discussing the games are a big part of what these forums are all about but now is not the time to single individuals out for special criticism. They need our support more than ever.

ScubaTyke likes this.