Higher profile signings

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tilertoes, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok, the club gives you £15 million pounds to blow on 4 new signings to make a significant difference to the teams fortunes. They want 3 year contracts and you have to buy them from another club.
    15k a week works out about 2.4 million.
    Who would you get?

2. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So that would equate to £10 million in wages for the four leaving about £5 million for the transfer fees, £1.5 million each.
    I reckon 15k would break our wage structure and any player at £1.5 million would be someone untested at our level. So the club wouldn't break the wage structure for players like that.
    You could, alternatively, use the money to increase the wages of all players but that would only raise their money by about 1k a week over the three years which is insignificant.
    Maybe the best bet would be to convince the rest of the squad to accept one player who breaks the wage structure because he's good enough to seriously impact the team and, therefore, their own value. Then buy someone proven at this level. Trouble is someone seriously good at our level is looking for bigger clubs than us in the main.
    I'd like to see us try and push the boat out and I think we will maybe see a striker come in for over a million. As for the 15 million I'd rather see us hang onto it and carry on doing what we're doing.