Hmm it seems Jay was correct

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by SuperTyke, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55733527

Dr Inada-Kim said: "The point of this whole strategy is to try to get in early to prevent people getting that sick, by admitting patients at a more salvageable point in their illness."

Hasnt Jay been saying for months that early intervention was key and that people should have been educated and encouraged to seek medical help much much earlier which would reduce the strain on ICU's and prevent thousands of deaths?

He was laughed at on here for suggesting it

Connor, Redstone and e-red like this.
  2. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was he? Prevention and early treatment is always best.

cudeth red and Tarntyke like this.
  3. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hmm, wonder if Dr Inada-Kim has any financial interest in a company that sells these? That’s not to say I doubt what’s been said/claimed but quick to dismiss Apps etc as a means to testing the levels. Or perhaps, the Govt are awaiting for donations to their coffers before they announce they’re going to supply 1 per family free of charge

Redhelen likes this.
  4. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I don't know that he was laughed at. I asked for evidence that it would be enough, that's all.

Redhelen likes this.
  5. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The apps are no good because they measure in a complete different way. Rather than passing the light all the way through your finger and measuring on the other side, they measure the reflection. They also only send one beam of white light rather than a white and red beam. The oxygen level is measured by finding the difference between the two but as they only take one measurement they can't find the difference. There is a Samsung model that also does the red beam but they are still only measuring the reflection. The apps can be ok at normal levels when you don't need to measure it but aren't any good at the lower levels which is when you need to know what level it is. The machines are inaccurate for people with dark skin tones, if you are wearing dark nail polish and if you have circulation problems such as Raynauds. I doubt he has financial interest in a company as there are many different sellers. I've seen other doctors saying they don't think everyone should get one though as there's only a need once you are positive and everyone buying them up now means there may not be any available for people who are positive to buy one. There was talk (and they have started on a small scale) of providing them to certain sections of the population who test positive but it relies on people reading it and logging it properly which not everyone manages to do. For example, one person who is monitoring the data said they've had problems with people reading the screen upside down (as some are meant to be read by someone else testing you, not you testing yourself) and they had to put tape over the pulse rate as some people were inputting that rather than the oxygen level.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Redhelen likes this.
  6. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was he? I know lots of people have disagreed with him about his opinions on lockdown but I didn't see anyone laugh at him for saying that it would be helpful if people got treatment earlier to help their chances of survival.

7. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't recall anyone laughing at anyone for saying something which is so obviously self evident.
    The situation has changed radically since the first lockdown, however, new treatments are now available which weren't then, the symptoms are now more widely known and testing is much more available so that early diagnosis and treatment will be far more effective.

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Well I'm sorry but they did

9. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry for that Jay, I'm pretty sure I didn't. Early diagnosis and treatment are quite clearly the best way to treat any illness.

10. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I don’t think they did.

There was questions about if it would be enough to replace a lockdown and if there was any evidence for that but that’s it.

Those questions still exist and nothing in the OP answers them.

11. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I just to like to laugh at his curly mop

12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    No, I know you didn't. And I have absolutely no interest in highlighting who did. I'm not really comfortable with this whole thread to be honest. Actually, that's only half true. I'm pleased SuperTyke posted the link to the article and I hope people read it, take notice of it and monitor themselves closely if they do get ill, and seek medical attention at the first sign of breathing problems (the vast majority of people don't have any breathing problems at all with Covid-19 but if you do then get help) I just don't like my name on this.

Brush likes this.