I enjoyed last night

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dyson, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Doesn't look like character & attitude will be a problem (doubt I ever thought otherwise) and the back 4 threw themselves in front of everything that last half hour.

Our midfield needs an incredible amount of work though. People calling for 442 should look at last night and imagine how simple it would've been for Forest to get through us. Potts & Moncur were 9 times out of 10 in front of the ball when Forest had it which left Williams massively isolated. Whilst Hedges was good, he did leave Pearson exposed and he did struggle first half especially.

All a big learning curve, still lots to do but I'm really pleased we got that first win. Know Hecky knows it's still a way off where he wants it & it also made it very clear why we're still being linked with central midfielders because despite numbers, we've only got Joe Williams who doesn't go rampaging forward at any opportunity. The fact he brought Bird on showed that he doesn't trust Mowatt to do that job either (and that's why Mallan isn't getting a look in either).

Good lads. Good atmosphere. More of it please. But there will be times where we play like that and concede 5 - not gonna be boring either way.

Connor likes this.