I have to say this... I'm appalled at what I've just heard.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mr Badger, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky's not just said something on the radio, the local press have printed his reported statements
    on successive days. On Wednesday in the Star the headline was " Heckingbottom eager to bolster
    forward options." On the 12 th July again in the Star " Heckingbottom keen to step up recruitment drive."
    On Thursday they printed " Hecky - No time to waste. Race against time to get the squad together.
    Nowhere near where we need to be in terms of bodies" whilst the Yorkshire Post ran with " Barnsley
    short on numbers admits boss."!
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that PH is as frustrated with the lack of progress as we fans are.

Like any other Manager he will have drawn a list up of his pre-season targets and presumably the owner
    Mr Cryne and his board will have given the green light to spend a set amount on incoming deals and pledged the requisite finance to fund any new contracts which at the moment appear to be for a duration of three years.?

We have to assume that when Gauthier Ganaye came in at the beginning of June he was given a copy of
    Hecky's list . ? So who are our Managers comments being aimed at and who is under the most pressure.?
    Surely Hecky can't be so short sighted as to be seen to be criticising Patrick Cryne who thus far as we've seen has sanctioned the signing of and the wages of seven of his new players.?

Presumably the pressure must be mounting on Monsieur Garnier who up to and including the 12th July has only
    made a single comment which appeared in the Star on Wednesday the 12 th when he said " We know that Barnsley need to do deals and he insists the Reds WILL do them."!

There is no doubt we are now running out of time. There are only 22 days to the big kick off and we have to remain optimistic that deals can be done to enable meaningful striking options to be brought into the squad as soon as possible.
    Once that is done Jamie and Hecky will hopefully then have limited time to " blood" them so that we can field an effective side come the 5th August.

I would advocate we don't start to panic just yet. Much as we'd like to we can't change anything. It's down the those charged with the recruitment process to get the deals over the line to give us any chance of being competitive in time for the start of the upcoming season. Keep the faith. I for one genuinely remain confident it will all come together.......eventually.

2. Kex

KexbroughRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To say you are appalled is a massive over reaction. It's the 14th July, the season doesn't start until 5th August which gives plenty of time yet for more signings. It's also highly likely that we will have to wait until end of August in order to secure loan signings from Premier league clubs.

As others have said what Barnsley are doing his working the football food chain and I think we are doing a great job of it. I don't doubt that next season will be very tough and we may well have to fight against relegation. However I feel sure I will witness a young and hungry team mentored by a young and hungry manager provide me with some great entertainment on a Saturday afternoon which is what it's all about.

So come on let's not say things like being appalled, let's pull together and get behind this great club of ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journo Tyke likes this.
  3. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To a degree, yes, although relegation is always a mixture of a variety of factors. But looking at the wider picture, did we have a better alternative? I didn't see one in the 8 years we last spent in the Championship; and at least if the worst came to the worst, we would have a great deal of players with 2 years left on their deals so would either be sellable for large fees or could stay and try and get us back up

4. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good post. I would say that at least we have the majority of our squad together. They have been training together for a few weeks, been to Hungary, played a few games. Thus the 'bonding' element is done for most of the squad, and adding a few more will not cause major disruption. Also, in terms of for the starting XI, striker is imo the only position where we are weak. Squad depth is another thing. Last season we signed 7 players in August. I wold expect something similar this year to add to what we have as cover.

5. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Course we're nowhere near, we've played one friendly and haven't signed a striker or three. Fortunately the season doesn't start today.

6. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Who's playing in the Morsy/James/Scowen role?

7. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So what do you intend to do. Give up supporting your local team? A True Red, not you.

8. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No?

9. thetykester

thetykester Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Look si thi all, this is my take on it. As fans all we can do is sit back and take what is served up in front of us, can we be miffed? of course we can but thiz nowt we can do, just strap yourselfes in and TRY to enjoy the ride. As long as we have Football Club, that'll do me.

And no I ain't happy clapper, Just a good owd Barnsley fan, & trust me I've seen darker days than this.

Xerxes likes this.
  10. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

How the heck did we turn

"We're a few players short, and it's not ideal"

Into

"We've got the fans season ticket money, so **** them"

And

"The club's dismantling itself"

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

11. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    or a woman (or man which ever way he prefers) for the night

12. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Group hug

13. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That is a very interesting point. What Hecky says in public, on the radio or in the papers could be taken as mutinous. Does Mr Cryne and the rest of the "board" sanction what he says or do they seethe at such talk in case it undermines the policy?
    It's all very well sanctioning the sale of our best players on a regular basis but if the manager is saying no more will be sold if it weakens the team is a clash of interests... surely.

Sucram likes this.
  14. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly!!!
    It's frustrating looking on here a few zillion times per day and there's no news.
    But clearly they are after players that are quite difficult to get over the line.
    I'm not worried because players will be brought in - I'm much more concerned that there's a full squad (a full squad !!!) to get up and running.

I'm expecting a 15/16 season.
    That is - bottom of the league by Christmas. Then hopefully recovering after that.

15. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Hardly a full squad.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

16. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would be much more worried if he said the squad is complete and ready for the season. All he has done is state the obvious. In fact so obvious in shocked people are shocked.

Zlatan is available btw

17. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think this epitomizes why people lose interest in this message board- wasn't this negative years ago.

18. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    From Hecky's point of view I'd imagine we are 9/10 players championship ready players away from a squad that's ready for the season. There's still time and we have bought a fair bit of future potential.

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fans Forum

19. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Abandoning the plan and getting in Hammill and a lot of expensive loan spending signings got us promoted. Johnson and his plan got us in the bottom 3. Look at the scorers in the play off final.

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app

20. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe it's not just the message board but football in general?

Marlon likes this.