I have to say this... I'm appalled at what I've just heard.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mr Badger, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hammill was the only signing who wasn't in the plan. Long, White, Fletcher were loan signings made just like Crowley, Rothwell and Harris who hadn't worked out. It was hardly like the starting XI in the second half of the season was completely different to in the first half when we were in the relegation zone. We got the best out of the players signed in the plan. Tactics were holding them back. The likes of Mawson, Hourihane, Roberts and Winnall we signed under the plan. You can hardly say they weren't important in getting promoted. We did not abandon the plan at all

2. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well Sessi is the only obviously defensive midfielder. But I very much we'd have signed Mallan and McGeehan in order for them to compete with Moncur and Mowatt for just 1 spot. So I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was played in a more defensive role but also allowed to bring the ball out. It's what Moncur did the other night and I thought he did well albeit in a friendly

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

We got promoted as a combination of things imo. Wilson's signing of Winnall outside the plan, the plan itself which allowed us to recruit well, getting rid of tbe inept Johnson. A big part was Hammill and a slew of expensive loan signings which aren't part of tbe plan as far as I'm aware. To attribute promotion to some grand plan is just wrong imo. In L1 we are a 'big' team with financial advantages ypu woukd expect if well managed that we would get promoted over a 3-5 year period as we did last time. The best I can say of tbe plan is that it may have accelerated this. I support tbe plan in full but not to tbe expense of realism.

4. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I agree with this.
    The plan per say is working ok but the promotion etc as you say was down to other factors eg loans, Hammil sacking at Huddersfield ,
    We gonna need all them factors in years to come but the plan is essential as part of the journey moving forward in modern football

5. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People are free to ignore the negative threads and start their own offering a different point of view.

Marlon likes this.
  6. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly, he's a big fan and won't want our team dismantling more than the rest of us but I think he's thinking about the future for BFC without himself. I get the feeling that he wants to make sure that we're financially secure, for a little while at least, so we don't go under if we suddenly find ourselves without him. He's already said that he is terminally ill and we have no sign of a buyer so we may be completely reliant on this money soon to ensure we even have a club, no matter what level we're playing at. I trust Patrick and believe he is acting in the best interest in terms of longevity for BFC and of course, the interests of his family.

7. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They tend to get shouted down or accused of being happy clappers - wasn't like this when the board first started. Bit of humour on it which is sadly lacking now

8. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Some are too easily offended tbh.
    But some are aggressive and too ready with the insults but tbh that just makes me more determined to post .
    I've also misread or misinterpreted threads and been a little too aggressive myself although not to the extent of threats or over the top insults.
    Anybody that's been to an N.U.M meeting when there are opposing or differing views face to face will know what aggressive debating is all about lol.

9. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Every manager. Without exception will say they need more players

10. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Loan signings are part of the plan; Hecky has said as much, they are there to sign players we wouldn't otherwise be able to afford to complement our other signings

We did well enough to formulate a plan that was successful so we quickly got out of League One. Signing the best players from lower leagues was absolutely the right move; Sheffield United only last season started following a similar move, without such a focus on youth, but this move is what saw them get promoted. As I see it, it's been very successful so far and it is far better than anything that we can realistically do unless we get taken over by a multi billionaire

11. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Plan in a nutshell.

We sign a player for £100k, 12 months later we sell him for £1 million.
    Out of the that we buy 3/4 players for 250k each, 12 months later we sell them for £2 million each.
    We buy 5/6/7 players for 500k, 12 months later we sell them for 3/4/5/6 million each.

Each year we are developing our squad from 100k players to 250k players to 500k players etc etc, eventually we are full of million pound players and we win promotion to the Prem.

Piece of piss.

12. Hykehamtyke

Hykehamtyke Well-Known Member

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ahem.. need at least two decent centre-forrads, at least

13. Journo Tyke

Journo Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    By lots of agents, absolutely.