I just want to say one thing about Adam Hammill

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by churtonred, May 19, 2018.

1. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apologies for another thread on AH but I wanted to make this point.
    We've all acknowledged his wonderful contribution to the club since he came back. He helped deliver probably the most thrilling six months of football since I started watching Barnsley back in the sixties. For that alone he's made himself a legend. A proper legend, it's a word used too loosely.
    However, if he has any regrets that that achievement has had the shine taken off it with our relegation I'd like to say this.
    None of us know how the new board will benefit our club. They could be a disaster. They could also put us in an entirely different sphere in terms of wealth and competitiveness to any previously dreamed of at this club.
    Had we not got promoted a couple of seasons back and remained in the third tier I seriously doubt the current owners would have considered us. So, although we've taken a step backwards this season, Adam Hammill, Conor Hourihane and the rest have created an opportunity for this club that many, many supporters of other teams would give their eye teeth for. He could have helped change our history in a hugely significant way.

Thanks Adam. For everything.