I know its early and I know there's a long way to go…

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Terry Nutkins, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But only Lindsay, McCarthy, Williams, Davies and Hammill would get anywhere near the first team we had at the beginning of last season.

We desperately need Yiadom back fit ASAP as we are painfully short at Left Back, Isgrove needs to get back playing as well and hopefully Gardner can fill a position in Midfield instead of Potts or Moncur.

I'm not going to pick out players here because at the moment we are painfully short of athleticism and ability all over the park.

2 teams tonight that will be disappointed to not beat a poor team in opposition. In our case we ended up being lucky to get a point playing as bad as I've seen us for a couple of seasons.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  2. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree regarding athleticism. We are woefully short of pace across the middle of the park. Potts & Moncur are too slow. Can get away with playing one but not both.....

Geddiswasguud likes this.
  3. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Last year we had energy and pace, with Scowen, Hammill, Kent, Watkins, Armstong etc.

This year we seem to be yards slower. We don't press the ball like we used to and don't hit on the counter. As people have said the make up of the squad means one up top we arent strong enough up front and if we play 442 we are looking like we'd get a hiding.

We need to step up. I'm hoping Izzy can come back and add some much needed workrate on the opposite side to Hammill.

If we get injuries we are going to be up **** creek.

nezbfc likes this.
  4. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We already have and we are heading up that way already. No need to panic though.....

5. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    After our last three really tough games against Villa, Spurs and Wolves, I was optimistic that we could get three
    points tonight against an under strength QPR. It's worrying that we're not scoring but more frustrating for
    me, is our inability to concentrate on not conceding. We were unlucky against Villa, but our marking was slack
    against both Spurs and Wolves when we conceded. I said at the start of the season I would see where we were after ten games before trying to assess how we might do in this league.

For me, a win at Millwall is now a must on Saturday, because on current form our next three after that against Middlesbrough,
    Hull ( both at home) and Wednesday away, will all be very tricky games.
    Like a lot of others have said, I still remain hopeful that there are three teams worse than us and we will make the necessary improvements in form as the season progresses.

Terry Nutkins likes this.