I was at the Huddersfield V Liverpool game yesterday

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fired, Oct 21, 2018.

1. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was there in a work capacity, supervising some students on an Employability Course.

Anyway a few observations.
    The foodbank idea - really working well. Fans were donating food and toiletries into big marked wheelie bins. These are then distributed to local charities supporting homeless people. Would be good if Barnsley did similar. The foodbanks are overseen by apprentices.

The crowd, I realise that Huddersfield as a town is more diverse than Barnsley, but the club has really reached out to all races/ cultures. Fans of all ages, cultures etc. Good to see.

Im not a fan of those clappers, I'd hate for us to have them at Oakwell, but the atmosphere in the ground is very good. All four stands get involved. Much more than I ever remember as a visiting Barnsley fan.

Liverpool fans. Totally outsung for large parts of the game. I've never bought into this "best fans in the country"

Really hope Huddersfield Town stay up. Dean Hoyle has done a fantastic job, and has been very supportive of the work we do.

Just two seasons in the Premier League has enabled them as a club to stretch miles beyond where league 1 / championship clubs can be. Even if they come down, they'll be well equipped for a long time.

Connor likes this.
  2. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Unlike Leeds and the Sheffield clubs - i don’t consider them to be in competition with Barnsley for football supporters.
    So I hope they stay up.

If they do get relegated their time in the Premier will have done them a power of good.
    Long term better crowds and more income.

3. Ask

Ask BFC Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They’ll be back in the championship next season.

4. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They did a £100 season ticket for their centenary year in 2008 gates jumped up 3,500 and have never gone down since.

5. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well run club with a good manager. I think this season they may go down, but they have gone about things the right way and I wish them luck.

BobT likes this.