Ifollow

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mateo Corbo, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just had a look and it seems to let me buy a match pass for £10 for tonight's game? Is it not just only league games? Bizarrely it also lets me buy a match pass for £10 for the Walsall game on sat... Anyone able to offer any clarity on this?

2. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seems tonight's game is available - as are all Checkatrade matches. Still don't understand why it's giving me the option to buy the Walsall game though...

3. Dub

DubaiRed Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    why would the walsall game not be available? is it on local tv? thanks

4. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because I live in the UK and have a monthly subscription. So £10 passes should only be available for those overseas I would imagine.

5. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Update: Contacted Ifollow chat and have been told the Walsall game is available to buy (inc live video) for UK subscribers this weekend. Probably going anyway but may be an option for some. I would double check with Ifollow first, as I'm not entirely convinced with the following explanation: "Yes you will be able to watch this game live in the UK for this weekend... This weekend is different, not sure why this is allowed but will be on live in the UK."

6. Red

Reds Fan Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can only think it’d because it’s an international break maybe??? No premier / football league games on sky??

7. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Bit odd that the support team didn't know the reasons themselves though!

8. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    That can be the only reason can't it? There's nothing else special about this weekend at all. Kind of blows a hole in the suggestion the authorities are bothered about crowds being affected by PPV games... just as long as they preserve the self proclaimed elite.

9. Wilmersdorfer Winky

Wilmersdorfer Winky Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wouldn't trust anything the iFollow people tell you on the chat. They have no idea what they're talking about.

Tonight's game should be available for overseas and UK residents. This weekend's game however has been selected by Sky, which ordinarily means that it's not available on iFollow for overseas viewers and nor would it be available for UK residents because it's a Saturday game. I'd be very surprised if the Walsall game is on iFollow but you never know with these idiots.

I can't grumble too much, though. I left the UK 5 years ago and it killed me not seeing any games. Saw almost every single one last season and will be the same this season. Actually think the service is pretty good now, I rarely have any technical issues, but the customer service and organisation of it is utter garbage.

Edit: I may be wrong about it being selected by Sky. Sure it was but can't find anything about it now. If it hasn't, then it should be available for overseas but not UK. **** knows.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  10. Tyke_67

Tyke_67 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you thinking of the Luton game that's on Sky next International break? Walsall game definitely not on Sky

Ellie and Wilmersdorfer Winky like this.
  11. Dub-Tyke

Dub-Tyke Well-Known Member

Any game that is 3pm kickoff on a Saturday is not supposed to be available to U.K. subscribers. It’s an international weekend, but still can’t see why this would affect the normal rule.

12. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Luton on sky mate. You're right it shouldn't be available but there's an option to buy a £10 pass (which is usually only available on mid-week games) and they've confirmed to me it is available to watch in UK. Guess we'll find out at weekend if this is true if anyone gives it a go.

Wilmersdorfer Winky likes this.