I'm a celebrity

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by BarnsleyReds, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are they really any more famous this year?

Last year had dennis wise, ian lee, fizz from corrie (dont know her name but shes surely one of the most instantly recognisable people on tv, amir khan and vanessa white amongst others.

Go back a couple more years and there was michael buerk, carl foggerty, melanie Sykes, tinchy strider, craig charles, jimmy bullard and edwina currie.

This year weve got harry redknapp, anne hegerty, john barrowman and nick knowles with the rest (so far) relatively unknowns to the masses id imagine.

I dont think anything looks particularly different this year in terms of cast but i think the biggest difference so far is the editing. Its shown the right mix of both camps and much less of the presenters which i assume is deliberate as holly is no ant. Tbe other difference is that they havent chickened out of the early tasks which makes a difference to perception of the show in general

2. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Fair point. Something seems different about the camp this year, though. Maybe it's just that they're all getting along (so far)

anstonred likes this.
  3. BarnsleyReds

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Shame that Harry Redknapp didn't get his luxury item.

Not sure how they would wrap Niko Kranjčar up though and put him in that bag.

4. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Missed it tonight. It clashed with Informer and I wasn't missing that. Didn't tape it so if it was good I can watch on catch up.

5. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s a much better line up this year. Much more recognisable celebrities to me.

Harry Redknapp, Barrowman, Knowles, Anne & the 2 lasses off of Coronation Street & Eastenders are pretty big names & I’m sure 99% of people under 50 know of Emily from the Inbetweeners.

Been too many off programs like TOWIE & made in Chelsea in recent years who I didn’t know

BarnsleyReds likes this.
  6. BarnsleyReds

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I think another thing is that there are some genuinely interesting people on this year. I could listen to Anne/Nick/Harry/John all day.

Seems a lot less forced conflict in the way it's edited this year, too.

We'll have to see how it evolves as the season goes on.

anstonred and Django like this.
  7. BarnsleyReds

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Reviving this thread to say that I really enjoyed the whole season.

Think the top 3 were well deserved.

Thought it was the best one I've seen, but I've admittedly not seen all of them. Proof that TV doesn't need conflict to be entertaining.

Farnham_Red and anstonred like this.
  8. joh

john coucom Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For me having holly as presenter was a lot better first time in years I’ve watched every episode

Farnham_Red and BarnsleyReds like this.
  9. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    TBF couldn’t call it. Anyone including Noel, who went out first was worth a shout.

10. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Best there’s been by a mile in my opinion

BarnsleyReds and anstonred like this.
  11. anstonred

anstonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We absolutely loved it - a really kind, thoughtful group of people - the way they looked after & out for Anne, Harry was inspiring- I hope they all succeed in the ways they wish to

12. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Me too. I had got bored with it and only half watched the last couple of series - this one I watched every minute
    I thought the contestants were entertaining and likeable - Harry's Yabba Dabba Doo line will go down as one of the all time classics
    and I thought Holly was great as a presenter - in fact I much prefer Holly and Dec to Ant and Dec

I read somwhere that viewing figures were around 2million up on last year and ITV bosses attribute a lot of that to Holly - It would be great if they could get her back next year but I dont think she is keen to spend another 5 weeks on Oz

voting figures are on the website if you are interested - Harry won by a Landslide, also interesting in the vote outs the second bottom was only one of the "might be you" twice - previous series they usually picked the bottom 2 in the mention

BarnsleyReds likes this.
  13. BarnsleyReds

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Agreed.

Just watching the coming out show, you can tell that they are all fantastic people. There’s usually conflict and arguments, but there were absolutely zero.

I have to imagine that ITV knew that would be the case, with them not having anyone from TOWIE/Made in Chelsea etc. Maybe they expected Rita to be more of a bitch, or for Noel to stir the pot more than he did.

Hopefully they will see that the public actually enjoys it more (and crucially watches more) when they’re all having fun and helping each other through it.

Anne was an inspiration. Was lovely to see her receive the book on the coming out show, with comments from autistic people and their families. She really has helped more than I’m sure she knows.

I think the nation needed this group of camp mates, to spread some joy. (please, please, please don’t turn this into another Brexit thread)

Donny Red and Farnham_Red like this.
  14. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not one of the better series but the right man won. It was missing a storyline such as a love interest or some of them not getting along. Instead everyone got along well like the media trained folks they are. Probably not helped by trials being too easy so they never went proper hungry like when the likes of Helen Flanagan just refused or would bring back 2-3 stars.

15. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Best one yet in my opinion. Thought Holly did a good job. Can't understand all the
    speculation regarding Ant McPartlins return to the small screen. Feel sorry that
    through no fault of her own, his former wife has been axed as a make up artist on
    Britain's Got Talent. After all the discussions surrounding Ant McPartlins behaviour
    which apparently was caused by his addiction to drink and painkillers , I would think
    that the majority of TV viewers now see him in an entirely different light and the once inevitable
    Annual Awards for Best TV Presenters might well have come to an abrupt end in the future.!