Interesting podcast with Hecky

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by NathanBFC94, Dec 21, 2018.

1. NathanBFC94

NathanBFC94 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A podcast that I follow on twitter have done an episode with Hecky, very interesting listen, talks in depth about his time with us and his move to Leeds.

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Too much time on his hands. Would he be doing this kind of thing if he had another job in management? I doubt it.

3. NathanBFC94

NathanBFC94 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably not, but interesting listen none the less. No matter what your opinion is of him he does speak very open and honestly in this if you were to listen and speaks very in depth about his time with us.

4. Dod

DodworthRover Well-Known Member

Steel Worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The blokes a bore not interested in him.

wombwell-red likes this.
  5. fit

I listened as far as when he started talking about club taking advantage of local employees by underpaying, and how he was looking at leaving before and during the start of his tenure and that he had offers elsewhere.

Nowt enlightening about that podcast. Just him blaming everyone else as usual.

6. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Interesting to see Mourinho's stance having left Man U and his criticism of managers who leave a club and then talk about things that were behind closed doors. Something I concur with.

I'm not going to listen to the podcast as it will be more of the same. His time out of the game is doing him no favours at all. He's festering and the bitterness is entrenching more deeply.

He left nearly 11 months ago. He's since been sacked for a disastrous tenure at Leeds. Yet he's still criticising the owner of his home town club who he allegedly supports who has since passed away. Irrespective of what went on behind the scenes, the whole thing smacks as a complete lack of class and respect. Would he still be this bitter if he'd been working with 18 year olds being paid a very nominal amount?

Move along with the rest of your life Paul, seriously.

7. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think he was being found wanting during his time here and Leeds did us a favour taking him. Tactically inept and his decision to let his midfield go out on loan and play Gardner and Williams was diabolical.

8. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He had a job for life (almost) but sold his soul to the devil . What goes around comes around .

seethi likes this.
  9. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's gonna end up with a reputation as trouble. Be very careful Paul, you are in danger of talking yourself out of ever getting back into the game.

10. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whatever Hecky is.. he aint honest.

11. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers for the heads up will give it a listen

12. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why is that as soon as as left (ok leeds!) he is the anti christ ...yet was worshipped by most while here?
    He was vocal during his time in charge and made comments like a fan.ie Roberts sale..."everyone one is trying to build a club....we are trying to sell one" etc now he is vocal now he has left.
    Good luck to him ...he gave me some great memories but wanted to leave due to politics and to better himself.
    Was he a fantastic coach?......not sure but hes still a fan and tells it as it is....in his eyes.

13. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s a weird mentality.

I don’t care whether I like or dislike someone if there’s an interview out there of an ex player or manager talking about his time at the club I’ll give it a listen.

Too much these days is undisclosed & virtually everything gets covered up so revealing interviews are great.

Geddiswasguud likes this.
  14. wombwell-red

wombwell-red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting turn of events it seems, he sounds like the one not being able to let go of past events and we as a football club have moved on from his tenure.

You cut the ties Paul time to move onwards and go get yourself another role in football instead of just sitting round criticising your old teams.

15. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Well said

16. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This isn't his first interview bashing us. He's done a number of them now and talked about us on Sky Sports poorly too. He keeps repeating the same things time and time again about us because he's nothing new to add. It makes him come across as very bitter and club owners will have noticed it about him and he's going to struggle to get a new managerial job because of it.

wakeyred likes this.
  17. fit

I don't think it's a simple as him going to Leeds. Some were relieved that he'd gone, given his record at that time.

Keith Hill told it as he saw it too, but was vilified for doing so.

redrum likes this.
  18. fit

What's a weird mentality is claiming to support and be as one with a club, but criticising it at every turn and choosing to believe anything that shows the club in a bad light.

Too many of our fans have this mentality. It's ugly and counter productive.

19. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I said this at the time, that you could tell he knew the time here was coming to an end.

I don’t hold it against him what happened, I do wish it wasn’t the white ***** who he went to but he gave us 18 months of success and made me love being a Barnsley fan again after starting to lose that love during the previous few years.

I enjoyed his candid interviews and I remember at the time thinking all was not well, his interviews had decended into negativity and his body language and tone changed dramatically.

You can understand why though, he felt what we felt that we’d thrown away a championship quality squad which was on the edge of the play off race mid season and replaced them with not enough bodies and of poorer quality. We tried to scrape the barrel of the lower leagues again like there’s an infinite amount of rough diamonds to polish because we’d kind of got lucky doing it previously.

I felt for him, we made a giant pigs ear of the opportunity and the positive wave the club and fans were on became the same as a tide retreating. The atmosphere disappeared and it was evident he and us were on borrowed time.

I heard the contract issue was a smoke screen and the club made him sign it and then said he needed to go and talk to Leeds. If he signed it they would let him go. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place and knew that it was the end.

I now kind of pity him. Firstly he shouldn’t have gone to Leeds and secondly he needs to keep off this kind of subject on social media sites. It’s not a good look and it’s not doing him any favours. Football is a brutal industry and if owners see history of digging out past owners they’ll not go near you.

Good Luck Hecky, you gave us an opportunity to become a strong championship club again and the club sold the Crown Jewels.

You are a dick for going to Leeds though and you can’t expect Barnsley fans to forget that.

20. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tedious self promoter that will say absolutely anything and not mean a word of it.