Interesting read

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by tyrone1, May 3, 2017.

1. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But the folk who live in the affluent areas were more likely to vote to stay in the EU, while the ones in areas most helped by the EU were most likely to vote to Leave....

2. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't disagree with your views on the correct allocation of funds however I don't agree with your comparison between the UK government and the EU.

Until we're out of the EU we don't know who will qualify for money or how much. At this stage it's just speculation.

3. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If past govts have tried to block, delay and divert EU money from areas where it is intended for and vitally needed,how can folk be confident that a Tory UK Govt will change tact. I don't call that speculation it is fear and concerns based on past experience.

tyrone1 likes this.
  4. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get that, but isn't May trying to turn this election into a rallying cry for a strong Brexit, therefore trying to avoid any possible backlash from the 'Remainers'

5. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I suspect her intention is to not suddenly lose her majority due to fraud cases in the middle of the negotiations (which would open serious questions about the validity of the entire Brexit process) and to not suddenly find herself fighting an election once the full effects of her vision of Brexit are apparent in 2020. This will allow her to claim she won a large majority and stand down/retire sometime around the end of the negotiations allowing her to blame her replacement (and the EU) for the negative consequences.

6. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not her fault we are in this mess. It's Cameron for negligence and allowing ill informed Uneducated people to decide on this countrirs future.

Unfortunately because people were no in possession of the facts they voted for this country not to have a future in