Is it me or ...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Brian Mahoneys Waist, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just had a walk in town where I bumped in to a fellow I know to be a Barnsley fan.Him "we've signed 2 players" me "yes" him"why do we sign players nobody else wants" me "what do you mean" him "well if they've signed for us no one else must want them" me don't you know about the transfer market" him "anyway my mate in't bookies says Danny Wilsons the worse manager we've ever had" Me shaking my head says " have a good day".Makes you think doesn't it and I don't think he even posts on here.Should we find a vacancy for him on the BBS I'm sure he'd feel at home.

2. Red

Red in Brum Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Haha! Can't argue with that logic. That should be the tag line for this forum.

3. bossman

bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I had something similar this morning when talking to a bloke I know..me, we are looking at bringing in a couple of players, him, yeah they'll be ****..me, you never know it could turn our season around....him, nah! They know the players we are signing are **** cos they do it on a purpose cos they don't want to go up..me, ok mate see you later,

4. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    And the perception of the club is laid bare for all to see and until the losing mentality changes what chance is there enticing them back to Oakwell?

It wouldn't make a difference to some if we were more successful. They wouldn't return for one reason or another.

You can argue till the cows come home who is to blame, Cryne manager or players ?

That's another debate

5. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Software Develope
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Not the old "they don't want to go up" argument.

I had that argument with my dad for years and then 1996/7 happened. He said it must have been an accident......

6. Gimson&theBarnsleys

Gimson&theBarnsleys Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Not the old "they don't want to go up" argument.

That's the general concensus regarding the board at bumhole lane according to my blunts mates. 16k gates, low wages - kerching.:biggrin:

7. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It sounds like a bloke I know. He never goes and all he does is criticise the club.