Is the coaching staff's hard work now paying off?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Metatarsal, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Including the Portsmouth game, we've played 7 games where the consistency in performance has been really apparent. Prior to that, we've had good streaks punctuated by some flatter performances having started the season strongly, but we really seemed to have moved up a level recently. I know we lost at Burnley, but we were well in that game.

We've got the "press" working again, and even with changes to the starting eleven, we seem to have been able to play really well and those coming in are giving good performances.

Today, we withstood a decent amount of Bradford pressure in the first 15-20 minutes without them testing Davies or being gifted a chance, and once we got hold of the game we never looked back.

I know nothing is guaranteed, but I just have a feeling that confidence is growing and a momentum gaining strength. Looks like it'll be an exciting three months ahead. Everything to play for.

2. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It helps when we cut out the individual errors. I agree, we are seeing a consistency in performance at home. Just need to convert more of the chances created though.

Metatarsal likes this.
  3. seethi

seethi Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It’s just that f ing about across the back line that gets to me it usually has the same outcome a boot upfield wich Davies could have done moments Earlier.We are playing well confidence brings the best out of players

MrsHallsToffeerolls likes this.
  4. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its a waste of time and the sooner Stendell gets this art of his system the better, time the players told him to shove it.

seethi likes this.