It’s quite clear

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by troff, Aug 23, 2018.

1. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That there is a split in opinion about the Bradshaw departure.

For that reason I guess his sale is much less unpopular then that of winnall and others after. I imagine it is expected to be less impactful as well by most.

I still think it makes no sense from a club and footballing point of view. I suppose a bloke who has never given less than his all deserves to bring his kid up where and how he chooses though, we sold Knasmullner and Mallan for personal reasons but with them we had plenty of cover in the squad.

Anyway, looks like it’s done. Good luck to Tom, don’t think he’s ever been as good here as he might have been, was looking forward to this season with him and Moore up front, but so be it. They hadn’t quite clicked yet as a two but I thought it was coming.

I am concerned that we have no replacement properly lined up - and the one name suggested is a player with comparatively little experience of this level and only five goals at this standard. A player who sounded like a good signing to go alongside Moore, Bradshaw, Victor and Jacob Brown in the squad, not replace the number 9.

Maybe it won’t be Chaplin, maybe there’ll be more than him.

I’ll say this as well though. Scunny Saturday. On the back of a four nil win away for us and a five nil drubbing for them at home, looks like an away banker. Coupon buster written all over it before all of this furore, so I really hope the performance isn’t affected by this as it was likely to be tough regardless.

bfc1001, Metatarsal, Rosco and 6 others like this.
  2. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sensible and considered post.

3. Dod

DodworthRover Well-Known Member

Steel Worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't rate him. I don't want a bloke running about all day then when ball breaks in box for him he can't score. Give me a flair player like dave curry or an ox type like shipperley but Bradshaw was neither a poacher or owt. For those that want to see hard working runners take up jogging.

4. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How often have we had regular internationals in our team? I get some people don't really rate him, but some of the crap being posted because he's leaving is a bit much. This is like when ar lass left me and I was glad cos she was crap anyway and honestly I don't care no I'm not crying.

5. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But it's the hard work and running that's been integral to our early season form. You need to be careful what you wish for....

Metatarsal and Farnham_Red like this.
  6. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Just this - if he is replaced with a flair player who doesnt put in the same effort the team as a whole will be worse off - we scored 10 goals in 4 games and conceded 0 - so we havent been crying out for a goal poacher to get us on the score sheet.
    Without Bradshaws work rate the defence will have more to do. His replacement needs to put in the same effort - hopefully he will be better in other areas but we dont want a guy whos only impact on the game is to score a tap in occasionally

Sparkfield red likes this.
  7. gaz

gaz97 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don’t know what millwall fans expect but to me he’s a similar player to Lee Gregory but with less pace and a poorer first touch.

8. Dod

DodworthRover Well-Known Member

Steel Worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You'd have loved ian rush at Liverpool then.

9. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    As it happens I did - saw him play quite a few times as I was at Liverpool Uni from 81 to 84 and went to quite a few games at Anfield. Liverpool had a pretty decent side in those days and I thought Rush wasnt a bad player.

Jay likes this.
  10. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

And they're talking about dropping Morison and playing Bradshaw and Gregory together. That'll be interesting. Lol