Janko, Elder, Jones, Kent, James, Armstrong

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Ironjaw94, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Iro

Ironjaw94 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thought I'd start a thread on our recent batch of loan players and who if any you'd like to see here next season.

Personally ive seen all three get a lot of stick but I'd love us to sign jones, elder and janko permanently. I think with regular games all could become good players considering their age and inexperience.

Kent and James I think are out of our reach in terms of fees and wage but if available Id snap someone's hand off for them on another season long loan. Think they add much needed quality to our squad of workers.

Armstrong I don't think is ready for the championship just yet. So personally wouldn't have him back but we need some quality strikers asap!

Thoughts?

2. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Defo not elder.

3. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Armstrong. - Not impressed, did well in league 1 last season but hasn't worked for us in the championship don't want him back next season and don't think he will be
    Kent - still young and improving may come good next season and if we could get him back I wouldn't mind but I think Liverpool will sell to a Championship club that won't be us
    Janko - Definitely a good player in there bit injury prone though. Would be happy for him to come back either on loan or permanent Don't know what the chances are
    Jones. - Jury still out for me. Believe he was loaned with a view to buy. Doesn't look as good as G Williams who we released as not good enough but won't be surprised if we try to sign him
    Elder - No just No! Completely out of his depth and I will be dismayed if we are seriously considering him for next season

James - Best player we have had in a Barnsley shirt in years would love him back but it's as likely as us signing Harry Kane

4. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Kent and Janko would be my top two. I'd say James too because he's pure quality at this level but he'll be playing premier league football next season.

5. BarnsleyBomber

BarnsleyBomber Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Went today elder jones and bradshaw were woeful. Awful match too very bad teams

6. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of the loan players Janko looks good. Jones looks like he may have some potential.

James is beautiful to watch but out of reach.

Armstrong not currently good enough or what we need. A major disappointment. Elder looks out of his depth and seemed a strange loan in the first place.

Kent is enigmatic but has finally added some consistency of performance if not of end product. So a meh from me.

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fans Forum

7. Rev

Revvie P Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I have it from a mate that Kent has informally approached Liverpool about wanting out. I suspect therefore that a permanent contract is on the table from a championship club. I hope it's us. Whilst it's been a mixed season from him, he's bulked up, improved his wing play and his shooting and I think with 2 years championship game time, will be quite a player.

8. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's all about wages.

I wouldn't mind Janko but if I'm the owner he's not going to be near the top earner because he's injury prone.

I think there's potential in Jones & he's comfortable either side but only I'd only take him if he's on the wage of a squad player as I'd like to think he'd be back up to Yiadom & a new left back if he stayed.

Kent & James are non-starters & I wouldn't want Armstrong or Elder.

PonteEndGav likes this.
  9. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd have Janko or Jones back permanently if possible, and Kent back on loan, but can't see that happening

10. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Elder? No thanks. Celtic rate Janko too expensively for us to sign. Jones is a free agent so there's only him I can see us signing.

11. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Elder. Absolute dog *****. Worst full back in the last 5 years by a long way.
    Jones. Not far behind him
    Janko. Great player but injury prone?
    Kent. Far weaker player than Ryan williams. Only benefit is that he doesn't get injured and apparently because he is hung it makes him better.
    James. Brilliant but no chance
    Armstrong. Bone idle waste of save who will be remembered as contributing less to our team than odefcukingjaye

12. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be too upset if none of then sign permanently.

We all know Matty James won't be here next season. He's too good and on too much money.

Janko has looked great at the back end of the season, although he's only played a handful of games overall due to injury. There's certainly a player in there if we're willing to take the gamble.

Ryan Kent is the single most frustrating player I've ever seen. More so than Paddy McCourt. Technically he's brilliant, but lacks end product so often that you start to wonder whether he's got a clue as to what he's doing. He beats a man, then beats him again....and again...and again, then either falls over or misplaces a pass horribly. He's certainly got potential, and has improved immensely over the course of the season. We've certainly not seen the finished article. I would like to see him back here but the deal has to be right for all parties.

Armstrong is the one player in the squad who's work rate I would question. It's embarrassing how many times he has to let the ball go over his head because he's not got back onside quick enough. I can appreciate that he's been asked to play as a lone striker on occasion, but even in a front 2, the other striker is often the one doing the spade work. He's a clinical finisher, and technically very good with the ball at his feet. He's another that we have little chance of getting, but unlike Matty James, I won't lose any sleep when Armstrong doesn't return.

Gethin Jones. The jury is still out for me. He's very inconsistent. For me he backs off his man far too often and leaves us exposed. He does the basics exceptionally well, but defensively I don't think he's much above league 1 standard.

For Callum Elder, see Gethin Jones but with fewer appearances. I've not seen anything of Elder which makes me think he could be a Championship regular sadly.

I will make a point on the latter 2, that neither could hold a candle to a fully fit Andy Yiadom, Aidy White or even (yes I know, let it go) George Williams.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

13. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's the frustrating thing, we have brought in players who are far worse than the players they replace.

George Williams
    George Smith

Both far better than Jones and elder

Kettlewell likes this.
  14. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Does Hecky like his players hung...I was almost tempted into an emoji then.

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app

15. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Oops. Bloody autocorrect. Should have been young not hung

16. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So Hecky likes em young and hung.

SuperTyke likes this.
  17. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'd have James back in a flash but there's no chance and I'd be okay with Kent returning.

The other four are all absolute gash imho and I wouldn't want BFC to divert any of them from their inevitable descent into footballing obscurity.

(And giving a £150-200k pa contract to or loan fee for Jones/Elder/Janko/Armstrong rather than putting the money towards paying one of our main men what they deserve would be near criminal).

18. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    James is the only one I would like to see again and we will have very little chance. The rest have had plenty of time to shine, but not shown enough for what us as a club be that management level or as fans, come to expect from people who put on our club shirt.

19. wolvestyke

wolvestyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd love Matty James but as everyone says - he's out of our reach unfortunately.

I'd like Kent and Armstrong too. I know many will disagree on Armstrong but he's only going to get better and will be a very good player and regular scorer in the Premier League in my view. Kent likewise will be a very good player. I think Kent will be sold to a championship club but not us. We may have a chance of getting Armstrong back in my view.

I'm not sure about Janko. There's a good player there but a) he's had lots of injuries and b) I'm not sure he's prepared to work hard enough to contribute fully. Jones is a tryer but has some basic flaws in his game. He lacks pace off a standing start so when he stands someone up and shows they down the line and they go for it they invariably get a cross in. For lack of pace he's a no from me. And Elder - just no. He's poor.

20. Ayl

Aylott Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Armstrong - talented but thinks he is better than he is and out of our price range anyway. So no.
    Janko - like him but we simply cannot afford to take players on who have a history of injuries. His background suggests he'll be on big wages. So no
    Elder - people forget how young he is but the stage he is at is no higher than U23. Has some potential but anther no.
    Kent - would take him like a shot but is way out of our price range. Has a great future ahead of him.
    Jones - still very young and developing. Good versatile footballer who will get better with good coaching. I would be happy if we signed him.
    James - the best 'loan' player we have ever had at the club. You could see a set of circumstances where he might possibly come back on loan in the final year of his contract if he doesn't leave Leicester for a sizeable fee but I think that's just my blind optimism.