John stones

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by properboitellthi, Jun 6, 2019.

1. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    His body language showed that he just wasn't switched on for most of the game - not alert; adjusting his socks when he should have been defending a corner; just off the pace all night. The errors were a disaster waiting to happen and you could apply that also to Kyle Walker. He was dropped by Manchester City towards the end of the season, so didn't have excuse which many had of being knackered at the end of a long season. Someone needs to get hold of him and refocus his attitude for sure. Maybe it will happen at Man City, maybe not. He is such a skilled defender, but you can't compete against quick-silver world class forwards if you are half asleep and not fully focussed. I am sure that he will come again, as he is good enough. it will be interesting to see if he plays against Switzerland, or not. My bet is that Southgate will give him the chance to redeem himself in a 'non-event' game, but, if he messes it up again, I would think he could spend a fair time behind Gomes in the future. On the basis of what I saw last night, Southgate should call up Pinnock now, as he is better than either Maguire, or Stones on current form.