Jose cost us today

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Duntpasstome, Apr 21, 2018.

1. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    usually on this board everyone comes on here slagging the formation with 20/20 hindsight straight after game, difference against Leeds was we all spotted how **** it a plan it was pre game and everyone was on here saying we're set up for failure....which indeed we were

2. Lon

LongtimeRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tbh ppl go on Shoukd play 433 then when we don’t ppl say we should of.
    Ppl were saying we need mills in for experience now saying was a horrendous choice

Way I say it is no matter who plays or what formation we are not good enough. If you show passion and fight that’s the difference and we showed neither. I would argue how much these players really care

3. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The players aren’t very good and certainly aren’t in great form. Very true.

Morais cant really be held to account for that.

He can however be held to account for selecting a team which was at best baffling and was called out as such by a great number of posters before the game.

The selection of Mills, really? I know Jackson has a knock but Ethan Pinnock looked good prior to his layoff. Mills didn’t in any way shape or form. He was predictably woeful.

Moore’s miss was of course terrible. (A chance handed on a plate after Hammill did the left back all ends up and squared it for him to tap into an empty net from no more than a yard out. It’ll still be quoted that he’s got no assists and so hasn’t got anything to offer). So you might say he was justified in dropping him. But to do so and change formation to put Bradshaw up on his own? Clown like.

Moore is quite a poor finisher by all the evidence we’ve seen. But he does have other attributes which have contributed to us becoming more of a goal threat and being able to retain the ball a lot better and work the centre backs much harder than we did for the first half of the season or more - so eases the pressure on the midfield and defence as well.

We also have another forward on loan who if given a sniff will score every week. Gold dust. He’s stuck out on the wing and neutralised - he scores a lot anyway despite that, not because of it.

We don’t have the players in central midfield to play a 4-4-2. The most common and easy to coach formation there is, one which they will have all grown up playing. But other than Gardner we don’t have a central midfield all round player at the club and none that are good or fit enough to do it.

I don’t blame morais for that but he’s not even tried to find a solution that utilises the attributes of the forwards better; he’s brought in Matt Mills when it has been plain in all his few performances that he is the worst of the bunch by far (if Pinnock wasn’t fit I’d have gone Pearson over Mills); he doesn’t maximise the attributes he has got and so for me, whilst yes he has a poor squad overall, the number of equally poor teams he’s had to play - and failed to beat - leads me to believe that a better manager, and I think we could have chosen from many to fit that particular criteria, would have had us safe.

He’s not improved the points per game that Heckingbottom achieved, we’ve never looked any good under JM for more than half an hour or so, and PH’s forward line was Bradshaw and Ike Ugbo, with the rest all pretty much as they are now. Only we have improved ten fold up front in terms of ability and potency, and gone backwards game on game everywhere else.

We are less competitive across the rest of the park now than under Heckingbottom. And I wasn’t one who thought he was overly great, I didn’t want him to leave don’t get me wrong but I wasn’t blind to his limitations. I strongly believe Morais has made them worse though. We’ve got a couple of results as we’ve been able to pinch goals without being on top.

They look less fit now - I never thought other than Moncur that we lacked fitness prior to Morais coming in. Is he doing too much in training and burning them out? Is he baffling them so much they are mentally fatigued? There must be something.

The writing was on the wall when the stories came out about the players having meetings. They clearly don’t have a clue what he’s trying to do, to be fair it doesn’t look like he knows what he’s trying to do.

Sorry, it’s not his squad and so I have been saying he should get a chance, but for me he’s shown that he isn’t the right man to be in charge of the club. He’ll still be baffling, uninspiring and probably confusing his players even after bringing in a few signings of his own.

I’d not shed a tear if he was invited to leave.

lannoy and Julian Broddle's Perm like this.
  4. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If Moore knocks in the glaring miss we're one point behind Bolton and a draw away from being safe.

Redstar likes this.
  5. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The two things i do want answers from our coach is...the overall lack of fitness and the curious team selections.
    When you lack quality (the squad in general) you need hard work and endevor you dont need fancy dan formations or instructions.
    keep it simple

6. Lon

LongtimeRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fitness is not just down to him
    It’s down to then too to keep fit and lead a healthy life style with good attitude. Also they struggled for fitness all season even under the snake

7. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whatever Jose does, he's simply rearranging turds. It's all futile really.

8. jagzz88

jagzz88 Well-Known Member

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Correct!!! I solely blame the manager for yesterday's result not the time for experimenting with the team. Massively pissed off they were there for the taking and we sat off them for 70 minutes. Shocking team selection and tactics would not be bothered in the slightest if he got sacked today.

9. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Formations and systems don’t prevent this two poor poor goals

They don’t stop players from closing down and they don’t stop players from missing from a foot out

10. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    So first it was Heckys fault we were poor and now it's Jose? That has to be what you are saying as we have been consistently poor all season.

11. Kev

Kev tarn BFC Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is nobody going to mention how bad are midfield is can’t remember them even trying to get on the ball alls they do is hide behind the opposition bottled it yesterday viera and Phillips are **** and they bossed them 2 frauds in are midfield

12. jagzz88

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So in a must win game we do the following;
    - Change formation; 4-5-1 a defensive set up playing a side with least amount of points this year and sit off them.
    - Play Bradshaw up front on his own, everybody knows he can't play up tops on his own doesn't hold the ball up & doesn't win headers.
    - Start 3 players who haven't played a full 90 minutes in last 2 months.
    ^Mills cost us the 2nd goal.
    - Put Moore on the bench -we had 6 corner the 1st half don't think we won a header.
    - Play Hammill out of position in the middle.

Are you happy with the managers decisions yesterday in a must win game?

Sums it all up 20 minutes into the game a colleague who's a Leeds fan text me saying "Are your players aware they need to win why aren't you attacking us"

Yes brilliant idea to sit off a team with no confidence, nothing to play for, a manager under pressure.. Leeds we're there for the taking yesterday and we failed so based upon the above decisions yes I am blaming the manager! Shocking that was the best chance out of the last 4 games to get 3 points.

Beggars belief how people can defend that starting line up and formation based upon our last few games where the performances have been pretty good.

How many games have we won since we signed Bradshaw playing him as a lone striker?

13. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You surely can’t be referring to the new Neil Redfearn?

14. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Honestly I've stopped caring about starting line ups and formations. We have tried so many different permutations this season. All with the same result, we aren't good enough.

Redstar likes this.
  15. jagzz88

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Regardless of how you look at it the manager has to hold his hands up yesterday it's that simple. He changed the formation and side and it backfired.

Leeds are a poor side.

I'd love to hear the reasons from Jose as to how we were expected to get a result with that starting line up. Like I've said playing Bradshaw up front on his own is crackers the last year has shown that.

PARIS Tyke likes this.
  16. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is exactly what I meant about the dangers of employing an outsider, not only to the club, but to the league itself. He's having to learn from his mistakes, ones that have already been made. This is the first time he's tried Bradshaw up front on his own. We already know that doesn't work.

17. sit

sitting bull Active Member

Shocking post

18. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks.

19. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

This^^ as soon as I saw the line up and formation I was fuming. Bradshaw upfront alone? Have we learned nothing from the 1st half of the season.
    Pinnock should have played before mills.
    The blokes lost the plot and if the owners want people to come watch us they will rethink about employing this numpty. I'd take flicker for last 3 games.

20. sit

sitting bull Active Member

No probs shows you for what you are