Just fantastic...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by RedStriker, May 18, 2019.

1. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When I was younger and got a bit bored of playing football manager, I'd fire the editor up or add another pretend player to boost my income so i could buy anyone I wanted. I'd then win everything with that team but i'd very quickly get bored and not touch the game for another season. That's pretty much how I feel about watching city play. And same for Chelsea back in the mid-2000s.

churtonred and Merde Tete like this.
  2. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Are the ones moaning the same ones who said Pompey v Sunderland was crap too?

I’m no fan of how teams like city get their money but bloody hell they are skilful and more importantly run and run for each other. Total football requires total effort and city have both in spades.

Redhelen likes this.
  3. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They're absolutely brilliant to watch, but the way they are funded absolutely stinks to high heaven.

Old Gimmer, pompey_red and Vesp77 like this.
  4. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just think if City had the best players in the world like Messi,Neymar and Ronaldo.They have ploughed a lot of money in to the squad but it was only to catch up with Man.Utd and Chelsea.I don't think they even have the highest wage bill,I think Man. Utd have that pleasure.

Redhelen likes this.
  5. Vesp77

Vesp77 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Fixed it for you.

TitusMagee likes this.
  6. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apparently Pep G is planning changes to the squad over the close season. He's mulling over
    whether to offer Kompany a final year, but has not fully made his mind up on that yet. He has said, " I have to keep my players on their toes. Everyone has to think I have to play well, if I don't, I don't get picked. They have to also think , we must keep winning , if not, I've got big problems and I probably am not going to be here. "

He says " next season we start from zero and I have to see what I have seen over the last three seasons, especially in terms of results." He wouldn't say who is likely to go, but revealed that Sane who has two years left on his contract, has for the past 18 months not accepted the extension he has been offered. Guardiola says that he wantsto keep him , but the longer he stalls, the more precarious his position will become.

Likely incomings are Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt, Leicester City's full back Ben Chilwell and Atletico midfielder Rodri, whilst Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Fabian Delph, Nicolas Otamendi, Claudio Bravo and Vincent Kompany all potentially could well be leaving the Etihad. The players are well rewarded, but if they don't consistently perform up to the standards they are set and refuse to sign extensions to their contracts when they are offered, the outcome appears to be inevitable.

7. Old Goat

Old Goat Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Overpaid, overpriced, and - thankfully - over the Pennines. Best place for them IMHO.

Sparkfield red and RichieD like this.
  8. Red

Redsnut Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a **** one sided game,didn’t,t find it the slightest bit entertaining.

Old Gimmer likes this.
  9. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For the past few years we watched while Barcelona and Real Madrid dominated Europe and their domestic football, does anyone not believe that they were massively funded by external money....that their best players who were paid salaries that paled even the Premier league level ( Bale 600k per week) weren't heading there for the cash....???
    Now it's happening here and we look like the Prem will be the dominant force in Europe...it's just inevitable when ultra rich people want their own play thing...….but I agree, it will never seem like hard earned reward like we think it should.....COYR

churtonred likes this.