Just for a bit of balance

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by SuperTyke, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And despite being quite critical of heckys decisions and of the result today I thought we played really well at times, particularly in the first half and there was certainly no lack of effort from any of the players. Bad decisions and silly mistakes cost us today but the overall performance was actually quite impressive. My main concern is will the players have long enough to go from the raw talents we saw today to the complete experienced players less likely to make costly mistakes before we are relegated to league one? That is the massive gamble that the club has taken and one which I hope pays off but I must confess I have serious doubts and my prediction for the season is that we will put in some really good team performances but lose points due to mistakes that arise from a lack of experience and that those points lost may prove critical.

However for today I thought we played really good football at times and but for those mistakes and missed opportunities we could have run out easy winners with a high scoreline

tinatyke likes this.
  2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with that although I have to question at least a couple as to their effort levels in the second half

3. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think it was a pack of effort as such, more of a lack of faith in themselves

4. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll have to disagree with at least a couple. Went missing

5. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Davies hardly had anything to do apart from pick out the two goals, and we could have been 2 or 3 up by half time.

Still a few square pegs in round holes until we have our best team available. Pearson again filled in at full back, but I really can see him being our first choice centre back given time.

6. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Certainly not Hecky's fault that we didn't go in two, three or four up as we ought to with some better finishing.

7. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with all of that. Promising signs but we have to take those chances as we're going to keep very few clean sheets this season.

8. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is his fault because he changed it again to 1 up front to begin with. Why do that when we're at home and playing a team who also look like struggling this season. And then why take off the 3 players who were probably our best 3 at that stage ?.
    Theres no defending that and he/Hecky is doing it a few too many times now for it to be just ignored.