Just think of all the celebs enjoying freebies at Silverstone

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by SuperTyke, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Paid their way there might be enough money to fund the race.

2. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    One of my suppliers at work were Shell Automotive Lubricants. They once invited me to an all
    expenses paid weekend for two at Silverstone for the F1 Grand Prix. It involved a two night all inclusive stay at a local 5 star
    hotel, access to the main stand and hospitality suite with all food and drinks provided.

During the day prior to the main event there was a guided tour of the pits and light hearted Go Kart racing involving some
    of the former star drivers of F1.

Because I worked in Local Government I had to reluctantly decline their offer but after
    consulting my gaffer I asked Shell if they would mind if I offered the tickets to a local Charity to raffle off. I was pleased when they said I could. I found out later that a local businessman paid circa £2k for the tickets which was donated to the Wakefield
    Hospice which was brilliant considering the package was worth about half of that if you had funded it yourself.

The amounts spent on Corporate hospitality for guests at the FA Cup Final is mind blowing and is the main reason that
    sometimes the genuine fans of each Club are unable to get the best tickets for the game.!