Just watched the match and only one reason why Norwich get 25,000 gates that I can see

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Prince of Risborough, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Geography, and the lack of other professional football anywhere near them. The Norfolk population must be so desperate to watch a "big match" that they will put up with anything. All those years of exciting teams donning the yellow and green must seem like the distant past to them now.

Having just watched the whole match they were absolutely appalling and it was two points dropped from our point of view. It could be another century before we actually win at that ground - it seems like we are jinxed. We should have won - not that we had a lot of clear chances, but we played the better football by far. They were very good at feigning injury and the Williams booking was pathetic. The slightest tug on their guy's sleeve seemed to make the ref's mind up because it was not a bad foul.

Their number nine, Oliveira, seems to have taken up Bellamy's mantle of constantly complaining to the referee about everything that went against them. Naturally he got away without a card, but that's to be expected I suppose. No doubt the faithful will carry on turning up in their droves - have they got some kind of financial incentive to attend I wonder? Free jar of Colman's every time they go maybe? Compared to previous incarnations they are certainly a sorry bunch. Barnsley, on the other hand, look like a team on the way up.

Six points this week and the rest of the division had better watch out :)

Right, time I was heading towards the A1. It takes forever to get out of Harrogate at this time of day so I had better get moving...............

pingiskola likes this.
  2. Euroman

Euroman Well-Known Member

Training and Development Consultant retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I worked in King's Lynn for 2 years in the 90s. I have never worked anywhere where there was such a diverse mix of football fans. King's Lynn was used as an overspill town for London and there were fans of all the London Clubs together with, Man.U, Leeds, Man.City, Newcastle, the Sheffield Clubs, Cambridge, Peterborough and Barnsley too. There were regular coach trips to Old Trafford. When we beat Man.Utd in the cup I was watching the game wearing my Barnsley shirt in a pub full of Man.U fans. There were a bunch of Newcastle lads who were building a power station in and they looked after me when it looked as if it was going to get nasty at the final whistle.

3. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A bunch of Man United fans in a town nowhere near Manchester...unusual