Kids learning to play the Neymar way

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Bossman, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    They should play this on repeat on the big screen every time he is playing.

Xerxes and TitusMagee like this.
  3. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    That’s brilliant .
    Hopefully it will teach kids that cheating isn’t cool and makes you look a dumpling

TitusMagee likes this.
  4. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I must admit when I do see him play I wish someone would just go in with a two footed tackle, studs on display, and nail the *****. There's not many players I'd wish a broken leg on but im sick of seeing people like him cheat.

I'm not saying he'd learn but it'd be karma at least...

churtonred likes this.
  5. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They just need to start booking them. VAR should make this more straightforward. If a penalty is reviewed and the referee thinks that there's been a dive then the offending player should be booked. If they do it again then they're booked again and sent off.

It wouldn't take too many red cards before players started to get the idea.

6. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Booking's not enough for me. There was an occasion last night when one of our players put his arms out to stop himself bumping into Ospina and he threw himself on the floor. Pure, unadulterated cheating. No doubts or ambuguity. Deserves a straight red.

7. Ses

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Definitely sympathetic to that view. But I think a booking would be fine so long as referees didn't bottle giving a second for doing the same thing again. There is a bit of a problem with slow motion making it look like everything is done on purpose. If you're sprinting at full tilt into the box and a defender clips you accidentally, you probably are going to go flying even if it's not a foul, and it looks terrible on video - keeping it to a yellow would help mitigate edge cases like this. Maybe you could give a yellow for any dive, and a red for obvious simulation (rolling about on the floor like Neymar, or holding your head when you got shoulder-barged).

I actually think that every penalty decision should go to VAR anyway, as they can be so crucial to deciding a game. Maybe give opposition captains a review which they can use once per match (retained if upheld). The only way to prevent diving is to ensure that it has absolutely no upside.

churtonred likes this.
  8. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Its been an ever increasing blight on the game for decades now and only gets worse. I'd advocate one of two options. Ban them for 10 games for excessive falling over, rolling around, diving. Applied retrospectively, so contact alone isn't enough to go down, has to be sufficient contact.

Or option 2, live voting by a viewing panel... if they think the player fell over purposefully.... they get kicked in the nads til the rolling around is justified. I'd go option 2 personally, but not sure it will get sign off in Switzerland somehow.

churtonred likes this.
  9. TitusMagee

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They should do what they do in rugby and do them retrospectively for cheating etc.

Neymar does it all over the pitch, as do lots of other players, VAR would take too long if every dubious challenge needed to be reviewed. Refs have the power to book for simulation but it seems to be the exception rather than rule that get done for it.

churtonred likes this.
  10. Ses

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fully in favour of retrospective punishment as well. Throw the book at them - ban for several games, and strip them of a winner's medal if necessary.

TitusMagee likes this.
  11. Ses

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe we need to get rid of the idea that the referee needs to make the call. Do it like cricket, where it's accepted that the umpire doesn't have as much information to hand as the people who can see the videos, and accept that in some cases a remote team should be able to overturn the decision on the pitch, and award cards if necessary.

BobT, TitusMagee and churtonred like this.
  12. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think they need to look at cricket big time. A Captains call would be a big improvement. And the clips ive seen, the referee runs off the pitch to some big telly,,, why on earth? A 2nd referee should be making the decisions and just relaying them, just like the 4th umpire in cricket. Its dispassionate and prevents ego getting in the way. And even if the referee was still in charge.... sure he could have a tablet or small mobile device he could instantly watch to reduce time jogging off and back on again.

I don't know if VAR has worked better than not in this tournament, but there have been quite a few news clips suggesting decisions were still made badly. I think much of the issue is still terrible and inconsistent refereeing and poor interpretation.

TitusMagee likes this.
  13. TitusMagee

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    FIFA have for a long time been stuck in their ways and refused certain technologies as they felt threatened by other sports diluting "their" game, but I feel that they can learn from other codes and innovate.

VAR is in it's infancy and the WC has come too soon for it in my opinion but I think once it has been ironed out it'll be better.

Nobody wants to see cheating at a game, I can't understand why they don't go heavy handed and start banning people for anything that is clearly a dive. And also other underhand tactics such as what we saw last night with them scuffing the penalty spot. Who would have any issue with a clampdown on that?

exiled, Sestren and churtonred like this.
  14. BobT

BobT Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I fully agree, but it's unlikely from an organisation that is rotten to the core.

15. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's what I can't understand either. They could wipe cheating out of the top levels of the game inside a year. Why they won't do it is just a mystery to me. No doubt it will be money or loss of it that dictates the reason.

TitusMagee likes this.
  16. TitusMagee

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know, just don't get what they gain by not implementing it.

As I think i've said before, FIFA needs to be scrapped and replaced by a new entitity, perhaps with the head of every FA being part of the committee or something, then having a clear democratic vote on issues such as who hosts the world cup, rules etc.

BobT likes this.
  17. Ses

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Should have been done when Blatter was done, in my opinion. It might have ruined this world cup, but a breakaway federation at that point might just have got enough support to take off. I reckon that we've lost that opportunity for a generation, or at least until the next FIFA exec is nicked.

MarioKempes and TitusMagee like this.
  18. Indie Red

Indie Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  19. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Refs should be armed with tasers for when the screaming gobshites rush towards him slavering in his face then he can zap the fookers and carry on wi the decision he has made, no recovery time or physios brought on either.

TitusMagee and churtonred like this.