Labour Party Conference

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Scoff, Sep 25, 2017.

1. RedKestrel

RedKestrel Well-Known Member

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Join the club Mr c

2. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I found the "leave chat" button most helpful.

3. RedKestrel

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    he's a nice fella.. not your usual cardboard cut out career politicians

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Me too. I think I’ve even been on some f those lovely pro Palestine marches. I must be an anti Semitic suicide bomber.

5. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

6. hav

havana red1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I was southern Irish or a northern Irish Catholic I would surely be a republican too. That's perfectly ordinary and natural.

7. hav

havana red1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course the right wing press has an agenda, but it's not based on mythology is it?
    It has something that is embarrassing and damaging to Corbyn so it will naturally always be on their agenda.
    How many times have journalists asked Corbyn about his involvement in republican affairs in Northern Ireland? Lots and lots and lots. How many times has he said "erm, I have no idea what you're talking about?" Yep, a big fat never.

This thread has been revealing in many ways.
    It has shown that Corbyn attracts many individuals who cannot debate in a reasonable manner, are often obnoxious and are blinded by a cause.
    These individuals are as devisive as their counterparts in the far right.
    There cannot ever be any middle ground or compromise.

8. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    “Have I directly started he supported the IRA”

“No doubt he supported the IRA.

Nothing like a consistent argument.

What you have shown is that you do not know the difference between facts and opinion and that you are blinded by hatred and abusive when called on this.

If you had said. I dislike Corbyn because he supported Irish Republicanism and although I accept as a pacifist he would not have approved of their methods I cannot divorce those opinions from the real atrocities that were committed in the name of that cause. Then no doubt people may or may not have agreed with you but would have said fair enough you are entitled to your opinion even if I don’t agree with it.

It’s when you go beyond this and claim your opinion that Corbyn supported IRA methods when you have no knowledge of this and on balance of things seems exceedingly unlikely that people take issue with you. You then spew out the bile of the right wing press. Your friends in the right wing press regurgitate smears because the powerful men that back them Uber capitalist tax avoiding non Dom’s are terrified of change. The also continually repeat the lie about student loans not because it has any value but because the6 believe if you repeat a lie often enough people are daft enough to believe it.

I have to say I have never met anyone who couldn’t differentiate between opinions and facts before most illuminating.

9. RedKestrel

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've never seen anyone say same thing in every post like hawanared1 has.. his last post went one further ..in making stuff up about corbyn and what he's said or not said.. if you knew anything about JC or his history you wouldn't believe or parrot what are smears.. read up on his history.. I think there's a section on him in seamas milnes book "the enemy within .." ...its about the num and the strike btw

10. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

" every few years the London Mp Jeremy Corbyn indulges his romantic support for Irish Republicans by using his parliamentary privileges to give them a publicity platform. These occasions always also provide a showcase for Mr Corbyns abiding qualities: his lack of wider political and moral judgement. His predilection for gesture politics, his insensitivity to the feelings of most Londoners and his indifference to the policies of his party.

Now he has done it again, this time inviting Gerry Adams to Westminster in a week when London is still reeling from its narrow escape from a major bombing,at a time when the Iras reversion to violence has been arguably the principle cause of the deterioration of the situation in Northern Ireland, at a time when parliament isn't even sitting and In the days leading up to his party's important annual conference on the eve of an election which labour has to win.

Mr corbyns actions do not advance the cause of peace in Northern Ireland and are not seriously intended to do so. It is surprising that a politician as clever and as important as the Sinn Fein leader should be bothered with him. Grown up people ought to keep this childish sideshow in perspective.

Mr Corbyn is a fool and a fool the Labour Party would probably be better off without. However even fools have rights. As an elected Mp he is entitled to invite whom he pleases to Westminster, certainly including Mr Adams. The parliamentary authorities,let alone the government have no business trying to prevent him doing so. It comes pretty ill from conservative MPs some whom treat Westminister as a pigs trough for their own commercial clients to pontificate about Mr Corbyns judgement when their own is hardly any better"

Or something.

11. RedKestrel

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)