Liam Lindsay

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by PontyEndRed, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Pon

PontyEndRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I really like Lindsay, think he's got a lot of potential, I think if we did go down and we kept him and Jackson they'd make a cracking partnership. One negative and I apologise if anyone else has mentioned it about Liam Lindsay but his inability to take the pressure off himself. There were many occasions particularly in the second half against Bolton that he could have played it back to Davies, especially when he had Ameobi on his back, but he didn't and kept getting caught, I didn't see him turn the attacker once. Whether he doesn't feel confident playing it back to the keeper or Davies isn't confident receiving it I'm not sure! Maybe a bit of both with how the season has gone so far. But I don't think it did him or the team any favours with him trying to play his way out of the trouble. Sat at the top of the league I'm sure it's lovely to watch or even if you're 2 nil up and comfortable but when you're one nil up or drawing and in a real dog fight it's not ideal to see.

2. Dod

DodworthRover Well-Known Member

Steel Worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whatever happened to row z coz he should have cleared the roof at least Three times on Saturday but thinks he's franco baresi instead.

3. onelove red

onelove red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    agree
    mentioned this in a post yesterday , when team is on the back foot putting ball into stand gives team a chance to get back into shape and no chance of a quick throw in, the ball will take a while to come back out the crowd
    used this all the time playing sunday league myself, get some distance on it ... some poor bugger has to trundle off to get the ball and gave me a while to get breath back ....
    also I do think lindsey has bags of potential but needs to play it simple sometimes

4. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I like Lindsay too. Seems a good honest professional, but as part of a team that is realistically League 1 standard.
    Championship centre halves include John Terry, possibly the best English centre half in a generation, who has found his level is here due to his age. And Marc Roberts, probably our best centre back in twenty years, who can't command a start for one of the worst teams in this division.
    So it was always going to be a big ask for Liam to come down from Scotland and establish himself in the English second tier, instantly. Roberts was just a lucky one off, McDonald looked like being another, then simply faded away.
    For me, though, Adam Jackson seems to dip below the radar a bit when it comes to praise. He just does his job and rarely makes mistakes. I don't read this board every day, but can't ever remember seeing a thread starting with words along the lines of 'Jackson's ****'.

5. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jackson took a lot of stick early on. It seemed that every mistake he made cost a goal.

6. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be honest, whichever division we are in next season CB is the one area I would be fairly content with, assuming we keep Jackson, Lindsay, Pinnock & as 4th choice Pearson.

If we are in the championship we need new full backs, as Yiadom will be leaving & I'm not really confident in any of the other candidates. (In L1 we would be OK I reckon). We will need a couple of holding midfielders & a couple of strikers whichever division we are in.

7. onelove red

onelove red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    thought mawson was better than roberts

8. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve said this enough times, none of the centre halves we have at our disposal are Championship kwality.

Lindsay has potential but still a long way off, Jackson is a trier, who’s performed better than I ever imagined he would but he’s not strong enough imho to make a good mid table Championship team.

Pinnock has impressed me, but again someone with potential who is still very green.

Both Lindsay and Pinnock could do with a more rounded experienced centre half next to them who can show them the ropes, who they could learn off. Both together is a recipe for disaster in the short/mid term.

We are shipping some really sh2tty goals at the moment, from crosses to scuffed shots, we look like we’ll concede at any point.

We’ve some rebuilding to do if we get out of this mess.

ubique_tyke likes this.
  9. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Obviously. And it showed in the transfer fee.

10. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We brought Mills in to be fair, but was crocked pretty much straight away. Compared to other areas of the team though, this is our strength.
    (We are great for number 10's who can't run, as well though).

11. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I looked on the brum Facebook after they played wolves a few were on about who to replace Harley dean. They were comments such as "anyone but roberts" I liked him here not the best on the ball but no nonsense.

Lindsay needs to work on the basics if all our center halfs are fit Jackson is the 1st on the transfer for me at the minute.

12. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This might sound a bit strange considering the number of goals we’re shipping in lately but I think centre back is the strongest area of the squad we have (players that are actually ours) and as others have said, I would be content with the same centre backs next season.

I’ve pretty much forgotten we have Matt Mills, I’m glad somebody mentioned him in this thread.