Liam Lindsay

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Macks40, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Mac

Macks40 Active Member

This guy just gets on with it and is very rarely mentioned. He’s having a fantastic season in my opinion..

He just needed to smash it into row Q (no Z available) at Oxford but other than that he’s been Mr Dependable

thetykester and Connor like this.
  2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Still our third best centre back imo. Pinnock is head and shoulders above him and Jackson too when given a rare chance. Lindsay a very capable cover though

Nottinghamtyke likes this.
  3. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lindsay has paid Heckingbottom a compliment by saying he was brilliant to play
    for when he joined the Reds from Patrick Thistle and tips him to bring success to
    the Edinburgh based Club. We know that Stevie Mallans opportunities were limited
    under Hecky, when he was with us, but apparently the latter has assured the player
    that going forward, he will play a major role playing for Hibernian.

4. onlyonesteviecooper

onlyonesteviecooper Well-Known Member

FireFighter
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Disagree. Glad Daniel does too.

MarioKempes and judith charmers like this.
  5. KingBenny92

KingBenny92 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very good player, was easily our best defender last year. Pinnock has just over shadowed him this season

Macks40 likes this.
  6. Birkdale Red

Birkdale Red Well-Known Member

Civil Servant
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with the OP that LL just gets on with it and goes very unnoticed. Strong, quick, no shortage of skill. Pinnock too is superb, as the Yanks would say this has been his break-out season. Simply magnificent.

And Adam Jackson - again - after an unconvincing start with us he came good. Has been outstanding whenever called upon, and would probably walk into most L1 defensive line-ups. He is the unlucky one as we are not going to start three CD's.

So instead of everyone say one is better then the other in a manner that at least one of them is cack, let's count our blessings that going into the last critical stage of the season we are blessed with three ultra-capable players in that position.

7. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I keep reading about all these mistakes he has in him but no one ever gives any evidence.

He’s class. Footballers appreciate how good he is & how simple he makes the game look as he won the players player of the season last season & should’ve won the whole thing really with McBurnie only been here for 4 months

Old Gimmer and Birkdale Red like this.
  8. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    There was the Oxford mix up with Davies, and another straight hoof had him and Davies in trouble again at Gillingham, but I think he's solid and looks a good player. Decent passer. He's still very young for a centre half and I'm sure he can develop more. I'd like to see him and Pinnock chip in with a couple of goals though. We're scoring plenty at the minute, but if we could improve our set pieces, we'd really have another string to our bow for breaking down negative sides.

Macks40 likes this.
  9. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To put our back two in context, Pearson was deemed surplus and now is one of the better players in the Luton side topping the table. I think we have the best centre back pairing in the league.

Jackson is a very good player but both Pinnock and Lindsay are ahead of him. He'd walk in to any other team in this league.

10. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The mix up with Davies a few week back which he should have put into the stands, Oldham in the jpt he got turned inside out by a league 2 player, Burnley away poor challenge for the pen. That's off top of my head. Don't get me wrong he is a good player and I like him. But some on here ignore his mistakes and blow smoke up his arse.

SuperTyke likes this.
  11. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He also got away, very luckily I must add. in the final minutes of a tight game with a penalty shout early int season at Oakwell and last home game he miskicked and skied a few, one int area. For me he has some good games and some with the odd gaffe thrown in, cant say that he has really improved but that the drop in leagues makes him seem better. If we go up he should look better this time round in the Championship but I aint too sure missen.

Prove me wrong Liam.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  12. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Look at most of our successful teams and a good cb pairing has been crucial. Think 2000 was the exception but we had a strike force that could outscore most teams.

Pinnock is the stronger player of the two but as a pairing they work really well together - both still relatively young so plenty of time to improve.

Redhelen likes this.
  13. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And when you give examples you get ignored and then a few weeks later the same person trots out the same 'nobody gives me any evidence' line

wombwell-red likes this.
  14. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Very true, another example pinnock makes a challenge at the stadium of light wins the ball but the ref gives a pen these posters were on his back no need ect Lindsay does the same v Burnley but gets no where near the ball and the same posters are defending him. Couldn't make it up double standards. I suppose some posters have their players who they won't be critical of ever. I just say what I see at games I do think he is a good player and we have probley the best center back pairing in the league. And I imagine both will end up playing in the championship again with or without us. But the way some on here go on you would think we had the next Beckenbauer.

15. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For what it's worth. Jackson and Lindsay are on a par. But Pinnock is head and shoulders above both. From watching Winstanly and Pat Howard my first pairing. Only Pinnock would pop up in my top twenty centre halves. Fot Tarn.
    Winstanly
    Howard
    Mark Smith
    Macca
    Evans
    Futcher
    Shotton
    Taggart.
    De zeew
    Morgan
    Probably one or two more that I can't think of. Off top of my head. Would come b4 any of em.

LiverpoolRed likes this.
  16. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree on the other 2 but the one with Davies is a mix up & none of us know for sure who’s at fault. He clearly shields the ball for Davies who for all we know could’ve shouted for Lindsay to leave it. Alternatively it could be Lindsay’s mistake.

Regardless all players will make mistakes & if you look hard enough there’s evidence out there to slate them all.

For example Pinnock’s a contender for player of the season but straight off the top of my head I can remember Maja turning him inside out & scoring at Sunderland, the recent home game where he switched off from the quick free kick where we conceded & where he should’ve been red carded in the first 20 mins recently at Oakwell when he was last man & got away with only a booking.

Moore too, superb player & a favourite of mine but there’s plenty of good chances or even sitters he’s missed.

I just don’t like the way some speak about players on here. You’d think Lindsay was M’Voto with how some have a go at him, it sometimes makes me think it’s the Scottish thing with how many on here have issues with the Scottish league.

He’s one of the few players we’ve got who we know can do a decent job at championship level as well

Chief likes this.
  17. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would class him as just ok, not championship level.

18. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The bloke behind me has stopped calling him a liability recently so be nest be getting better! Yes he makes mistakes but so do the whole team and him and Pinnock have been great for us this season.

19. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lindsay? He’s already proven he is. Only went down on the last day & he was one of our best players

20. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's your opinion not proof.
    My opinion is he was part of a failed team who got relegated because they weren't good enough and imo imo he was one of the poorer performers and a key reason for our relegation