London...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Scoff, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Dal

Dalestyke Member

I'm sorry Jack, I promised myself I would not respond when I read this earlier but it has to be said. This is the funniest thing I've ever read on this Board. There, said it. I can know get back to my shed (after a quick check of my spelling and punctuation).

2. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When we are born we are either male or female and thats it.

We are not born racist or bigoted or born to hate. All those things are taught or brainwashed in to people.

I am not particularly into politics but all I will say on the back of recent events is forget race or creed or religion for a moment as it's the tiny minority of knobheads in this world who are trying to spoil it for the rest of us.

Metatarsal and BobT like this.
  3. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Spot on.

Just seen an interview with Jo Cox's husband, and he hit the nail on the head. Basically it's times like this that communities ought to be pulling together to prove that we're strong, and not divide as that's what the terrorists want.

The media causes problems by constantly linking these mindless idiots to the religion that they're hiding behind. But of course, some can't see past that, causing prejudice, and forgetting who the real enemy is in all of this.

Sent from space using satellites and things

4. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There in lies the problem. They are not hiding behind religion. They are practicing it. Interpreting the quaran to attack non believers.

Almost all of the terror attacks within Europe over the last couple years has been by people linked to Islamic extremism.

Until there can be adult conversations about the influence of whabbism, salafism and other forms of extreme Islam, its impact on society in terms of risk of terrorism and in society in general and look at how to combat these issues at its roots then nothing will change.

5. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Most terror attacks worldwide over the last 50 years have been linked to religious extremism. The only way to deal with the extremes of Islam is to take the money away. Our government needs to stop dealing with Saudi Arabia and other regimes that support (overtly or covertly) the Islamic extremists, as well as the Jewish extremists in Israel and those other that allow people to live according to the extreme views of a fairy story from the middle ages.

6. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I refuse to believe that anyone who interprets any sort of religious teachings in the way terrorists do, are in fact religious people. Especially when 99.99% of followers of the same religion will go their entire life without as much as committing a crime.

It's probably a little bit of naivety on my part having been brought up in a Christian household. They can claim to be doing it in the name of Islam, but it doesn't make it so. I have the same stance with Christian terrorists who believe they're doing gods work or whatever; they're doing so by directly contradicting what they claim to believe in.

7. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a lot more than tiny unfortunately.

8. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Compared to the population of the world i would say it is.

9. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably, but compared to the population with the ability to influence the rest of us it isn't.

10. Use

Username Member

Best thing to do would be to cut funding to Saudi Arabia and these extremist groups as that's how the indoctrination spreads

Sent from my Kestrel using Tapatalk

11. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was of a similar opinion its only a few whack jobs.

It would appear its considerably more. Upwards of 3k according to recent reports.
    Most of which live in london or birmingham.

12. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok then let's go with that.
    In the UK in the last 30 years there have been 5 terrorist attacks carried out by 11 people in the name of Islam. There are over 3m Muslims in the UK. That is (at the lower figure of 3m) 0.0003% of the Muslim population which i would consider a tiny amount. Considering that in 30 years the population isn't the same people that means that the 3m figure is likely to be significantly higher making the percentage significantly lower.

13. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was really talking about people in a position of influence such as the Imams in Iran and Saudi Arabia and politicians like Erdogan. It only takes a small number of these to influence a lot of people and it only takes a few of those with mental problems or personality disorders to do the rest.

But we're just splitting hairs here mate, I'm not looking for an argument with you.

14. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    How much of it is truly hyped up by the nedia. There's an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims world wide. So it would appear that the staggering majority are probably normal people like you and me.

Quick edit: I now realise that you're probably referencing 3,000 living in the UK which does change things slightly. It is an alarming number but how do you differentiate from the majority who are normal folk and the mindless minority who's ideals alienate their own people. That's the difficulty we face which is sadly only highlighted by days like the one on Wednesday. I'm struggling to see the logical approach to it. Particularly when they're British like the guy killed on Wednesday.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  15. Use

Username Member

Start off by checking the people that go to the extremist mosques

16. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jack Tatty likes this.
  17. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The 3k are the ones the authorities think are capable of carrying out an atrocity.

It doesnt include people like wednesdays terrorist. Nor does it include those imans who share similar veiws yet do not broadcast them as loudly as say choudary and his ilk.

It doesnt really help with a muslims first duty is to allah ergo not grass up fellow muslims

Its a very difficult question to answer. How to differentiate.

I certainly couldnt tell you in great detail even with what ive researched myself about the subject.

18. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But on a similar note though how many thousands of white British non Muslims share extremist views against Muslims or against foreigners in general but are not on watchlists because they don't scream and shout about it?

19. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

What?

There are only 3000 Muslim men in Rotherham and hundreds were involved in the child abuse, repeat that all over the country and there are tens of thousands of victims.

Terrorism IMO is a smaller problem than this but it's hardly 0.01% of the population involved, and very few condemn it.

The Koran says that the Jihadis are the true Muslims and non-Jihadis are hypocrites.

20. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is CSE a form for terrorism now?

Ps there are well over 10,000 Muslims in rotherham