Losing enthusiasm yet wish i didn't give a ****

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour), Feb 2, 2020.

1. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Finding it very draining.

Wish my dad had taken me fishing instead of Oakwell back in 1979. (Occasionally)

Hope we can fight and stop up but my hopes are fading.

Time for a time out methinks.

2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hard to be enthusiastic when the board have given up on staying up. Think if they reckon we'd stay up we'd have got some players in before the deadline. That we didn't gave the impression they want to save cash on players as they don't have faith in their head coach.

3. Thrappo Tyke

Thrappo Tyke Well-Known Member

Personnel Assistant
    Thrapston, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I'm definitely veering towards apathy

Finding it really hard to want to do the drive up north every other weekend, especially when it means I'm out for such a large chunk of the day

Seriously considering not bothering on Saturday. My opinion will probably change by Friday mind

4. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wrote last year about my 'why bother' feelings and that i felt that the continuous cycle of dismantling a team to get relegated in the championship then rebuilding to only sell again when we get on an upward momentum. I said i would pick and choose games and reset priorities. Still support but the week in week out, plan around the games approach was getting draining. I hoped that the team would pick up, that we would fix the issues and start to put in a challenge to stay up and build a stronger team. At least that would get my motivation up through this season. Unfortunately nothing has changed. In fact i feel justified in myself. I won't be at the next home game and have not even considered going away this season. I haven't missed the games i didn't attend and my decision on a ST renewal is looking very unlikely.

Fonzie and Winker like this.
  5. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Looosing the will to live hit me two seasons ago, when these plantpots took ovver i thought, YIPPEEEE, what a darner rollacoaster weve bin on since. Keep the faith, i keep telling misen, i only tend to go to away games an odd home game, but i just cant be arsed i feel for all you S.T. Holders that were duped into buying with expectations that av nivver ARRIVED. I'm working away nar in Brid for at least a year so i'm hoping things'll get better. FINGERS CROSSED.

Redhelen likes this.