Lost all interest.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Goldthorpe-Red, Sep 21, 2019.

1. E3R

E3Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not reflected in the accounts.

2. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why bother coming on here to tell everyone then?

3. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ha ha. Don't judge others by the recreational activities of many of Goldthorpe's knuckle draggers. The village that celebrated Maggie Thatchers's death by spending its benefits in the boozers... I just happen to be educated to post-graduate level and don't indulge in illegal drugs.

4. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Waste of money for no return from what I've read, £4m for a striker that can't score.

Redhelen likes this.
  5. Gordon Owen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He was subbed again, comments from their board.

"Im still not sure about Moore. He battled away but wasn’t much of a threat. I’d like to see him challenging for crosses played into the box rather than going up for headers 40 yards from goal"

"Moore worked hard too and good a holding play - think he made a difference today but he's not really getting himself in good goal scoring positions as much as you'd like. Looked a bit dejected when he came off - think he really could do with a goal to give him the confidence."

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Redhelen likes this.
  6. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t know what you’re reading but Wigan fans rate him.

Either way it’s irrelevant what he does for Wigan, lots of players & managers do nothing after leaving us but they were good for us & that’s all that matters.

The thing about Moore is if he doesn’t score he can still have an excellent game & bring others into play winning flick on’s & holding the ball up, if Woodrow isn’t scoring he isn’t really able to do that for you as it’s not his game like it wasn’t Bradshaw’s 2 seasons ago. It means you end up with most of your chances been pot shots from the edge of the box

7. Gordon Owen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Latics speyk- their forum. Imagine us spending £4m on **** crowds and he can't score. He's been subbed in all of the 7 games he's been involved in.

8. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it’s understandable to be upset. I am too. I thought these guys were different to the last regime - I thought they were less interested in short term selling and more interested in winning to drive long term profit. Totally wrong. Same shirt termist short sighted asset stripping. Different names, same avarice. All about making a profit. No understanding of football or passion or what drives the fan base. They can get ******.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  9. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Mate, go to bed. You're a 70 year old man who's acting like a 13 year old chav. I often find the people who slag my village off are the ones who've never spent any time here. It's a proper community, with proper people who will always look put for each other. Is it rough? Yes. Is Barnsley as a whole rough? Yes. I'm rather intrigued to find out where abouts you're from, can you tell me?

Theres 2 types of people who slag this village off. Those who've never been, and those who are behind a computer screen. Grimey, wombwell, Houghton, thurnscoe, goli, Bolton, darfield etc etc... proper Barnsley, proper villages.

People here, like every other village in this town were decimated by Thatcher, people from all over Barnsley came to the mock funeral. Who cares what it looked like? It gave those people who suffered, some still suffering, a chance to put her evil regime behind them. By slagging off that day, you're probably slagging off alot of ex miners on this page. However, as you said, because you, unlike the rest of us on the east of Barnsley have an 'education' ik assuming you've never had to get your hands dirty eh?

Dont try and pick faults because of where someone is from pal, its classless and very poor, especially coming from a graduate.... I love my village and I love the people here.

10. kektyke

kektyke Well-Known Member

Warehouse Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because the OP comments reflect my whole feelings about football in general that's why

11. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He’s had a pretty ordinary start for Wigan, and yet he’s contributed significantly more than his replacement, Patrick Schmidt so far.

12. David_Upper_East

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was born and brought up in Wombwell - in a council house. My dad worked down Houghton Main pit for 40 years. Proper villages? What does that mean? I am not your pal. What has my age got to do with anything? I have been a Barnsley fan since I was 5 years old. I support them through thick and thin - go to bed? How condescending is that? Get off your ******* high horse...

13. David_Upper_East

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And I live in Thurnscoe!!!!! And don't call me mate. Sir will do fine.

14. wombwell-red

wombwell-red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Balls to Thatcher I’d have her death marked as a National day of celebration if I could 7119CBF8-3795-4C1F-B855-726F372FFC3E.jpeg

ardsley loyal likes this.
  15. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I'm laying in bed reading all this I wonder to myself what on earth an American billionaire would be trying to get out of owning a club like Barnsley.
    I know this has been talked about before but I doubt very much that he will have woken up this morning wondering how the people of that lil'ole town are feeling today.
    I guess, but I could be wrong, that he doesn't give a stuff. He will never know or understand our football.
    What I'd be interested to know is what Paul Conway thinks. As an American does he understand or care? What are his plans for us as surely he has to report back to his fellow owners.
    If the Plan overrides everything then I believe we are stuffed.

16. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Look at the number of players that were excellent for us, left and have been absolute ga*h since so referencing Wigan comments on Moore to date is kinda irrelevant.
    IMO Moore would have done a a decent job for us this season. Yes he'd have probably missed some sitters but he would have been an excellent foil for Woodrow who's struggling at the moment. At the end of the day we were told he wanted to leave so fair enough, but then bring in a suitable replacement, not some young Austrian lad who my turn out be excellent in a season or 2 or could be Knausmuller mark II

17. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Been reading on twitter, none criticising his performances, a few saying they want him or think he deserves a goal.

Been subbed’s not a bad thing when you’re a lone striker. Means he’s running himself into the ground.

Aguero’s subbed almost every game

18. ben

benjamoose Well-Known Member

That’s the right attitude towards a fellow fan. Squabbling amongst ourselves. We’re worse than the fans on Sunderland til I die

19. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hope tha gets thi interest back fella.

20. jud

judith charmers Well-Known Member

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzz