Love Barnsley Hate Football.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jimmy viz, May 10, 2017.

1. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Metatarsal likes this.
  2. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jimmy viz and Kettlewell like this.
  3. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Accrington should go and look at how much money real and barca ..... give the 90 best professional team in Spain before chatting that nonsense.

The fact that the premier give any money to clubs like this is amazing for me.

4. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a surprise you have that opinion.

I hate when people say things like this but I'm going to say it anyway - you would be much better supporting a Premier League club.

5. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cut a tree off at its roots and it dies.

6. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This was a comment instigated by Accrington. The PL didn't make the comment they were to withdraw the funding nor have they.

Comments like this will drive the pl to let the clubs sort deals for themselves which will hurt clubs like them a lot and us. The bigger clubs miss out on money because of this compared to teams in Europe.

7. Ext

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No it was a personal view of the Chairman - but irrespective - he has a perfect right to express an opinion. To be denied an opinion through the threat of financial penalty is plainly wrong.

Which clubs in Europe get more TV money than our top Prem teams ? Plus worldwide marketing - where possibly Real Madrid/Barca are up there, The Prem is awash with money - how else have Man Utd paid £89m for Pogba plus £40m to his agent ?

8. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They have ruined football but you'll never see that. Poor blinkered soul. I feel sorry for you.

SuperTyke and Gally like this.
  9. The Ted

The Ted Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Right then. I'll bite.

It is ABSOLUTELY FUNDAMENTAL to football in this country that teams all the way down the football pyramid are supported financially. When billions of pounds are ploughed in for advertising and tv, that should in some way be distributed amongst the 'lesser lights', of which we are amongst.

If we ever harbour ambitions of winning a major International Tournament as a county that all starts with talent being brought through and nurtured properly. The issues with the game at the moment are many, however a couple of things, IMO of course, that are killing the game are. Players being taken from clubs like Accrington, morcombe and barnsley and dumped into academies at places like City and United and essentially chewed up and spit out. How many potential top players have been ruined by not being able to cope at a young age or deemed too small or not strong enough? Through that distribution of wealth, you can employ better coaches at lower levels to help nurture those youngersters through, give them first team 'mans football' and bring players through the systems organically.

All of this boils down to money.

10. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think one of my favourite Russian proverbs is also very apt - "A fish rots from the head down".

Metatarsal, Xerxes and Kettlewell like this.
  11. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I like this bit:
    "Buoyed by their latest record-breaking £8bn broadcast deal, Premier League clubs will pay Football League teams the following in 'solidarity payments' this year; £4.3m to each Championship side, and £650,000 and £430,000 respectively to clubs in League One and Two".

Good job we got promoted isn't it? Eight billion though!!!!! God almighty.....

12. Ext

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Out of £8,000,000,000 20 clubs deign to let 72 other clubs have £129,120,000. In return for taking their best young academy players for a pittance and holding veiled threats over them. Seems legit. It's a masterpiece of marketing and veracious negotiating, backed up by TV advertising revenues. It's **** all to do with developing the English game.

13. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not a surprise you don't see a problem in the premier league bullying the team with the lowest average crowd in the football league. We already know that you think Wayne Rooney deserves his quarter of a million a week that many life savers such as in the NHS have to work long unsocialble hours for a decade to earn what he does in a week for either his bad injury record, warming a bench or putting in as many tame goal efforts as he did last weekend against Arsenal.

14. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    That's alright then eh? You've outdone yourself this time, Phil.

15. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I suspect its only a matter of time before the big Prem clubs start to break away and seek their own TV deals. Their veracity and greed will tell them they are the big teams, the ones who attract interest, therefore deserve it by their own logic, and they don't want to share with Burnley, Bournemouth etc. I reckon with the amount Chinese teams are dishing out for the mercenaries, it will happen ahead of the next negotiation too.

Personally, I haven't been interested in the Prem for several seasons now. Paying a lot of money doesn't make it good quality. The results in Europe of the top 4 show that.

Metatarsal likes this.
  16. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  17. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thing is though you premier league arselicking know no better fuckwit that andy holts bang on the ******* money.

Take your head out of your arse and wake up.
    The EPL/EFL do not give a **** about grass roots or lower leagues unless they are getting something for nothing. Eg cheap kids. More money.

Money. Thats all they care about. How much they can get their grubby ******* mitts on.

Not the english national team.definatley not the fans. Half the time they dont even give a **** which lovely person owns a club and how the y 'run' it as long as theres plenty of space at the trough.

Footballs rotten from the top downwards.

Money has killed it.

Anyone who decrys otherwise is just a throbbing thundercunt.

Rant over.

monkey tennis, BFC Dave and Jimmy viz like this.
  18. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I really wish the 'big clubs' would **** off and form a European super League and leave the rest of us to it. It would be tbe best thing for us and i'd give them 10 years before they came crawling back.

ryhilltyke and BFC Dave like this.
  19. Rosco

Rosco Well-Known Member

Optimist
    Born in Birdwell, living in Sin (well...Cheshire).
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah, we only murdered 50 people, so basically we're like heroes cos other people have murdered thousands.

Two ***** don't make 1 good person.

20. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm gradually falling more and more out of love (not that love is the right word) with football in general. Sometimes I curse my luck that I grew up supporting my home town team because, having done that, I'm hooked for life. No matter how bad things get at Oakwell I just stick with them, and having been watching since the 1960s there have been a LOT of bad times. Good ones too, obviously.

But as regards the Premier League - I record MOTD and MOTD2 because my Tivo box is programmed to do so. I watch them the following morning, eating breakfast with one hand and the remote in the other, constantly pressing the +30 seconds button because I have zero interest in listening to the chat in between and I have not much interest in the matches either. I tend to watch the goals - just the once, not fifteen times - and any other notable incidents that warrant special attention.

When it gets towards the end of the show, with matches like Stoke V WBA or Burnley V Southampton I barely watch anything at all. I tend to watch the Everton and Swansea matches just so I can see how Mason and Alfie are getting on, and then skim through the Man City ones to see if Stones does anything special (or even plays).

In short I can hardly be bothered with it, and the same goes for the programme on Five which features us and the rest of the football league. I know that I'm not alone in feeling this way, and this is after more than 50 years as a football fan. The cheating, the gamesmanship, the total disregard for the game as a sport - all these things and more make me wonder why I still follow it. Well, the answer is above - I'm hooked on following Barnsley. But for that little fact I would give the whole game a wide berth.