Luke Thomas

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by PontyEndRed, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I suppose he doesn't know a soul there, thrown into a press interview. It's not an aspect of being a footballer I'd like and I m not shy.

2. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope that this doesn't become a habit of VI, as it could unsettle the dressing room. Assertive management has its place, but not at the expense of good morale. It could be seen as a positive that both Simoes and Thomas wanted to be playing every week and weren't, so got frustrated. You can use that energy positively in management. I agree that Thomas had a shed-load of chances to prove his worth and has disappointed this season to the extent that I have been quite surprised that he got on at all from the subs' bench. I agree with him that the four in midfield doesn't suit him, as he would only naturally have a chance of fitting into Brittain's role in that system. However, he has been given plenty of chance to play in the front three, which hasn't really suited him. I DO think that he has a lot of potential and hope that he comes out well at Ipswich and returns eager to win a place back in our team. If not, I think that he may well be moved on by manager, or agent.

Redhelen and Connor like this.
  3. ben

benjamoose Well-Known Member

That’s the attitude. Writing a player off who’s just signed and in fairness to Thomas. He’s hardly been given a solid run of games. Every player is different and some take longer to settle in than others

Mowatt is a prime example

4. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Mowatt had already played 100 championship games before joining us.

My interpretation of it is that despite never pulling up trees he still expected to start. Hence the unprofessional attitude.

In his interview on joining Ipswich he said “I’m looking forward to playing every week” I reckon deal must be based on him playing majority of games etc.

5. gaz

gaz97 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think it’s big Vals style to maybe say it has he sees it and if players don’t like it then tough. Certainly don’t want players at our club who have a attitude problem and I personally don’t think he’s said anything wrong.

SFOTyke likes this.