Massively frustrating

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by troff, Sep 27, 2017.

1. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    First half, not really challenged by the opposition.

The so called negative 4-5-1 actually led to many promising situations - ruined very often by the inability of a few, including tonight’s man of the match, (I like McCarthy but he’s not in the same league as Liam lindsay, again relatively faultless, and whom I suspect will be the next high profit sale), to cross a ball remotely adequately.

We appear to have no legs at all in midfield and in Brad Potts a player who is very willing but unfortunately lacking in any quality, pace or a football brain. Ran up many a blind alley. Harsh to single him out. Moncur did nothing, Zeki Fryers showed why he was available on a free and nearly made me wish Matty Pearson was playing. Not quite. Ike Ugbo isolated first half and idle second. First touch of a baby elephant.

Anyway. Having got in front but without ever looking great, a change was made at half time. To the hallowed 4-4-2.

My word. Two things.

One. Those who asked for 4-4-2. Demanded it. You’ve seen why you’re wrong. Shush now.

Two. Directed straight to the gaffer. Hecky dude, why? Have you been influenced by some on here? You have seen the squad of players you have, it’s obvious that for the moment the 4-5-1/4-3-3 is the only realistic way to go, you have played it all season so what about that first half, where we competed well without being brilliant, suggested the issue was the formation? We lacked quality. We will continue to lack quality but the shape was fine.

That game was there for the taking, if we go down by two points or less then I’ll look back on tonight as an opportunity lost.

HowMuch! and Xerxes like this.
  2. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re. Your last para. I do not think we will be anywhere near going down. Keep the faith.

tinatyke likes this.
  3. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be honest I don’t either - but it isn’t hugely unlikely. We aren’t going to finish anywhere in the top sixteen, but there are three teams worse than us I think.

Depends how much Sunderland throw at it in January as I think they’ll struggle.

Burton and Bolton look like the bottom two.

I’d say we will finish in and around 18th, but to do so they need to learn quick and we will need to strengthen in january. And I mean the 1st not the 31st.