Match day prices - THIRTY EIGHT POUNDS for Middlesbrough!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Prince of Risborough, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Personally I disagree completely with reciprocal pricing. It just punishes fans who have no control of pricing at all, can't blame any one club as the whole of football is to blame. Away tickets should be capped like they are in the premier. It's crazy that you can watch premier league football for 30 quid but go down a league and the price goes up.

2. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I agree that something needs to be done across the board.

I think our prices though are some of the fairest out there in all honesty. But yes, a handful of fixtures are priced over the top. That should be negated however, soon.

3. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't get reciprocal pricing or category pricing. Make a business decision on a fair price for supporters and club and stick to it. Anything else reeks of profiteering or schoolyard tit for tat.
    As has been said we are simply never going to get more fans through the door at current pricing levels. New fans aren't suddenly going to buy a season ticket. They'll come a few times and then maybe get hooked.
    When I was living in Cheshire and couldn't get to reds games due to working Saturday mornings I'd go and watch Nantwich or Witton. £10 entry fee. Would I have gone if they'd been charging £30 even £20? No chance.
    I could have had Arsenal on my doorstep and still not gone at £30 a game.
    I understand why a bolder strategy on pricing hasn't been tried at Oakwell over the last few years but going forward it needs to happen if this club is ever to change it's stars.

4. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just as an additional point. If you'd moved into the Wakefield area in the last few years, had no allegiances, and had an interest in watching live football where would you have started going to games? I doubt it would be Oakwell.

5. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And as another add on. I used to go to Witton etc with a mate from work. He has 2 kids, works most of his days off just to maintain a decent lifestyle for his family.
    He and his daughter love football. At £15 for the two of them to get in the ground they enjoyed going. If he were looking at double and treble that cost would he go? No chance.
    The question is do we want people like that inside Oakwell or not?

6. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Villa charged that price right from the beginning of the season, it was commented on in august and September. I seem to remember the same scenario played out with a number of clubs

pontyender likes this.
  7. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Agreed its clear to me that we do make a effort with pricing which is more than a lot do. We might not be the best be are a long way off being the worst.

8. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly what I was going to say. I looked at their prices when we first announced the Category A and they charged Huddersfield and Rotherham £25 as well.