Match Ratings

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by GreenyTyke, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not done one of these in ages, just thought I'd do one.

Davies: 7 - Made some good saves to keep us in it and commanded his box well and distributed quickly to start counters off.

Bree: 6.5 - Thought he looked abit dodgy first half but wasn't poor by any stretch 2nd half he bombed down the right wing and defended in equal measure quite good.

Roberts: 7 - Won everything, dealt with their tall strikers as well as their quick ones, did everything asked of him. Could still work on his long balls but a normal solid game for Robbo

MacDonald: 6.5 - Same as Robbo just not as composed still played well and has started to play with the ball abit now, noticeably slower than Robbo though

White: 7.5 - Nice to see him back, defended well and did his overlapping thing he likes to do, couple of wayward touches but always ran back and recovered.

Watkins: 6 - Didn't get the chance to break too often and was well marked by two of their defenders 2nd half.

Scowen: 7 - Thought he was poor 1st half and that he was getting frustrated, 2nd half ran the show was pretty good

Hourihane: 6 - Some decent balls and won things back like normal but he looked static first half and missed some great chances late on, that last one was easier to score than not

Hammill: 5.5 - Cut inside and but a few balls in but was marked out the game and looked so far off the bloke that terrorised full backs a division abit above, threw another wobbly coming off but we'll hear more about that later

Winnall: 4.5 - Did virtually nothing was anonymous for most of the game, gave the ball away too much, hope he's back to his best vs Fulham.

Bradshaw: 5 - Only gets marked higher than Winnall because he won a couple of headers

Subs;

Kent: 5 - Ran like normal but had a torrid time keeping the ball from going out, didn't touch the ball much other rah that

Payne: 6 - Strong and quick, but offered very little else, personally don't see what everyone else does in him

Personally thought today was crying out for Moncur or Williams to play No10 so the lone striker had some one behind him to supply something other than crosses, they left a lot of space between their 5 at the back and their midfield and personally would have liked to see an attacking midfielder with some space come on. Not a poor game by any stretch we were just lethargic first half and wasted good chances in the 2nd. The people booing need to be ashamed of themselves, after the 12 months we've had, a 0-0 against a side set out purely to defend on a pitch like a bog isn't that terrible a eesukt

2. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    People were booing ?

That's incredible if so imo.
    Hope it was just a few that can't tek the beer.

3. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeh, people booed at half time and full time and was noticeable

4. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Ha e to get a campaign going to keep the booers at home where they belong.

5. blivy

blivy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Davies 8
    Bree 7
    Roberts 7.5
    MacDonald 6.5
    White 7
    Hourihane 6.5
    Scowen 7.5
    Hammill 7
    Watkins 6
    Winnall 6
    Bradshaw 6

6. Oak

Oakwellier Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you are being generous about the performances today. It was a one off but apart from Davies I would take off 2 marks off every player. As I say-a one off and they are allowed it aren't they?

7. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well it's all opinions mate, personally I think for most players there was a big contrast between the two halfs, 1st we were dreadful, 2nd half we were much improved (not to our usual standards) and we could have won it if we took our chances, Davies had a top game today and I did think 7 was a little harsh on him but then again like I said I don't think we were that bad and of course they can have the day off after what we've had for 12 months are poor 0-0 is more than allowed

8. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Davies 8
    Bree 5
    McDonald 6
    Roberts 6
    White 6
    Scowen 5
    Hamill 6
    Hourihane 6
    Watkins 6
    Winnall 6
    Bradshaw 5

Subs
    Payne 3
    Kent 6.

Pretty ordinary day. We're allowed an off day though, no justification for the booing.