Match Report and Ratings...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Redstar, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This won't be a logical analysis it'll be as I see it based on faulty emotion;

Davies - 7. One top save after three players went to sleep. Nowt he could do for goals and nowt else to do.

YIADOM- 5. Got forward well, but to little effect.

ROBERTS - 7. Didn't do much wrong.

MacDONALD - 6. Shaky at times

ELDER - 3. 1 For getting his shirt on the right way. Two for recovering a bit in latter stages but all I can say is he can only improve from that.

SCOWEN - 5. Poor. Dare I say motions

JAMES - 6. Best player by a mile first half. Faded badly in second otherwise would have been higher

MOWETT - 4. Miles off the pace. Did try so avoids a 3

WATKINS - 5. Should have had two. Dare I say motions.

ARMSTRONG - 3. Total waste of a shirt. I've heard it said we don't play to his strengths but could and should have done better with two chances first half. Skied em. Great finisher. No graft. At all. No idea how he keeps starting. Well, I do, we've nowt else.

KENT - 4. Some decent runs but not enough of anything.

SUBS

HAMMILL - 7. Injected some much needed urgency and desire. Almost led an unlikely comeback. Needs to start.

HEDGES- 6. Tried. Some good touches some bad. I'd rather give him time as our player than Kent.

BRADSHAW - 7. Took his goals well. Worked hard. A bit rushed at times. No interplay between him and the Golden Geordie.

I hope I'm wrong but that had all the hall marks, especially second half of a motions performance.

Afies Dad likes this.
  2. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We are on the beach already IMO.

3. Father Benny Cake

Father Benny Cake Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Generous towards Mowett that, I can honestly say I didn't notice him at all in the first half. Like many others I can't see the point of Armstrong, we'd have been much better off starting with Bradshaw. I thought Yiadom was worth more than 5, he was in the thick of it all match, didn't back out of any challenges and set off a lot of the moves down the right.

4. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't understand why we're playing Armstrong ahead of Bradshaw. It should be the other way around.

5. Cap

Capital Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A few random thoughts on tonight.

Their first goal was a lucky deflection which wrong-footed Adam Davies.

We should have been level with Armstrong, who wasted two chances, and also Marley who shot tamely trying to place it with only the keeper to beat. The second half until Adam Hammill came on was the weakest performance I've witnessed in quite some time.

Mowatt was hauled off at half -time after an ineffective anonymous first half. And the left back Elder had a game to forget, standing off the attacker, and also at fault for their second with a very weak challenge.

Even Marley and Josh seemed jaded tonight, with a lack of fire.

We came to life with Adam coming on and after Bradshaw's goal, but it was all too late by then.

Surely Carl Kpeckawa can't be worse than the lad tonight at left back?

Hecky's got his work cut out to stop the rot setting in after what I saw tonight. And surely Adam Hammill should start.

67 years of hurt - nowt here since January 1950, and so disappointing after all the euphoria of an 8th place in January, to sink to this 2nd half display, as QPR were nowt special.

6. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Well you were at the same game as me

First half I thought was fairly even - they got one lucky goal and missed a couple of very good chances and Davies made a top quality save from a cracking volley
    But we had at least 4 great chances ourselves squandered by Armstrong and Watkins.

Second half I dont know what happened but we were very poor at least until the subs where Holloway took off 2 of their best players and we took off two of our worst, Bradshaw nicked a goal back - at least he knows where the opposition goal is - Armstrong and Watkins please note! and for the last 10 mins + Injury time QPR were hanging on. Still I expected us to lose - our record since our only victory there 67 years ( or approximately one lifetime ago) now reads Played 24 Won 0 Drawn 2 Lost 22.
    We never get anything there so to only lose by one goal is a better than normal performance

Davies - 7.Blameless for the goals one great save didnt do anything wrong
    Yiadom - 6. Defended well got forward but no end product
    Roberts - 7. fairly solid.
    MacDonald - 5. Poor by his standards
    Elder - 2. Rabbit stuck in headlights - and he was the same at Villa doesnt look good enough to me
    Scowen - 4. Couldnt be arsed
    James - 7. Faded but by far our best outfield player until Hammill came on
    Mowett - 4. Tried but didnt really get in the game still hope he can come good
    Watkins - 5. Should have had a hat trick but apart from squandering chances didnt really get in the game. He might want to play as a striker but his best position is out on the right.
    Armstrong - 3. Flatters to deceive always looks like he might do something but never does - how he starts ahead of Bradshaw is beyond me
    Kent -5. Some decent runs and he does try but no end product again

SUBS

Hammill - 7. should have come on at half time( or started) . Created more in 15 minutes than Kent did all game unlucky to be booked as their player fell over trying to run too fast when he was surprised someone was actually chasing him down

Hedges 6. Did OK not as much as Hammill but I'd consider starting him ahead of Kent or Armstrong

Bradshaw - 7. Great finish for the goal should have started Only decent goalscorer in the club at the moment .

Afies Dad likes this.