Micheal Vaughan, couldn't wait to get stuck into this team.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ''The bbc team are all the same. blowers with that stupid voice, then Vaughan/boycott and Swann all the same.

England team should just cut them off. Don't talk to them. Straight bat enjoys doing the reports slagging us off without any comments from the team.

Root was clearly angered by Vaughan today. For Micheal to come out and say some of the things he did was a disgrace. Let's remember this team pretty much won in SA 18 month ago.

Did Vaughan's team win with the ease this team did in SA?

A tweet From Flintoff. ''Well played South Africa ! Im sure @englandcricket will cop some stick from the usual suspects , have faith out there it's a great team''

''It seems everyone's an expert or has forgotten how tough test Cricket is ! Anyway I'll leave you with it I need the toilet , I'm out''

2. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Spineless collapse Phil. Becoming far too often.

3. Ted

Teddy New Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At the risk of getting involved in something I don't really want to. . . . .

When you get battered the way England have in this match in 3.5 days you leave a lot of time for pundits to dissect the living **** out if it, and lets be honest they aren't going to spend hours on end saying "oh well, better luck next time".

Hussain and Botham were at it on Sky as well. Hussain basically dug out every debutant/non-regular for the last 3 years and Botham ripped in to the state of the county game. But its Test cricket. Its tough. In a lot of ways its tougher than football for being analysed. So they need to go out and shut the pundits up, by being tough and not folding like a weak pack of cards.

4. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Roots a great player but is he really a Test Captain doesn't come across in interviews as a leader of men in my opinion, maybe in the dressing room he is different

5. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think Joe's took a swipe at any of the TV pundits. Listening to Nassar and he was talking about selectors more than the team. We've all got idea's but for something to break through and make JR annoyed shows he's gone too far.

6. Journo Tyke

Journo Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    What do you think pundits are paid for? To constructively praise or criticise players and teams. England's shot selection today was like they were playing a T20 and their application was appalling. I wouldn't shake a stick at them in general but if I was assessing this particular game I'd have a bloody go at them as well.

7. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brilliant. So if you work for Sky you're allowed to criticise, but if it's TMS or Channel 5 you're an idiot.

Today was spineless. And we ought to have been told as such. Just like when we were fantastic last week. We were told as such.

Sestren and Journo Tyke like this.
  8. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, you're allowed to criticise if Phil likes you and if he agrees of course. If you don't tick these two boxes then it's a case of shutting the f*** up.

9. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    oh I see you are all talking about watching Paint dry... last week it was watching grass grow at Wimbledon..... yawwwwnnnn.... cricket..... yaaaawwwnnnn..... zzzzzzzzzz

10. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We've got 2 top order batsmen. And we play too much T20 cricket to unearth others. When we do get the chance for counties to play 4 day cricket, Strauss and the spineless ECB stop all the players from playing for their counties, saying they're tired. We don't have a spinner in the country and not many seamers either.
    All in all we're not in a very good place.

Exile likes this.
  11. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They go too far. I've heard Boycott and he wears it like a winners medal that he's told cook he's got problems.

12. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd rather listen to Boycott than Flintoff or Vaughan. He's scored more test runs than either of them and won more test series than both combined.

That's how it works isn't it?

Exile likes this.
  13. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wish Boyks was playing now, he'd still be there on his own keeping them out. Modern cricketers can't take criticism, lily livered moly coddled clowns.

14. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Lost 6 out of 8, most of them abject surrenders rather than narrow defeats, yep, great team, totally undeserving of any criticism.

Root is currently the only international class front-line Test batsman we have, Bairstow is a decent wicket-keeper batsman and Anderson a great bowler, albeit starting to wane a bit. Cook has been worked out by most international teams now and doesn't score anything like the weight of runs he used to. Broad seems to manage one great bowling stint per series, which isn't enough and Ali and Stokes are talented but not consistent and certainly not steely or savvy enough at this level against hardened misters like Du Plessis and his Proteas. The rest just aren't good enough.

ECB should also get there share, their sell out to the mammon of Sky and their pre-occupation with the short game means we have a team of so-called Test players, most of whom who barely play any red ball cricket. It's like asking the Reds to win the Championship but between games they're only allowed to play beach football!

Vaughan, Boycott and Swann all played for largely successful England teams. Atherton, Hussain, Ward and Lloyd were involved in largely losing ones. Sky's commentators were appalling today. And 'bandwagon' Warne is the worst commentator I've ever heard on cricket. Botham put his loyalty to Durham players before his job - how on earth anyone can defend Jennings and Wood on the last two tests and current form is beyond belief. Thank god for Michael Holding and a morsel of sanity.

Oh and South Africa will have Rabada back for the next Test and their best batsman isn't even playing!

Journo Tyke and Teddy like this.
  15. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Give me TMS any day of the week.

Aggers Boycott Tufnell Swann et all.

At least they tell it how it is.

16. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep, that seems about the size of it. He must have noticed in the last cricket thread that there were quite a few people on here who liked TMS (and not Sky), and has decided to give them the benefit of his 'analysis'.

Always found this kind of nonsense to be fairly entertaining, but starting to get a bit bored of it now. And I was one of the few who didn't want thereev to be banned.

Still, it's all part of life's rich tapestry, as a friend of mine is fond of saying.

17. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They are all geared to 20/20 slog, and no longer can adjust to a 5 day test. We need 2 teams, test and for limited overs.

BFC Dave likes this.
  18. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Vaughan Swann and Boycott. Goodness, The same Boycott that captained Yorkshire to be the worst team in County Cricket. Vaughan, the only test England won in 2008 against SA was when he threw the towel in. Swann walked out of a tour on the likes of Cook Root Anderson Broad. Are we talking about those players?

Also Boycott highest ICC Test Ranking isn't that much better than Cook's current ranking at 11 (726). 764 wouldn't even get you in the current top 7. He's about 110 behind Alistair's highest ranking and 150 behind root. He also used to dig into the likes of KP (got upto about 900) and Bell (822)

On SA. There best bats man ranked 6(Test Cricket) did play. Rabada can play, who are they leaving out?

Sky are the biggest protectors of test Cricket. They are the only broadcaster that offer to show every ball they can. Flintoff says Stokes better than him but Exile off the barnsley forum thinks different bloody brilliant.

On the best defeats. They played in India, had problems like every other team that goes. Not lost since Cook captained England to a win over there.

The players that are struggleing the most are the players that have played a lot of First class cricket. Jennings, Ballance played all summer for Yorkshire and Durham

19. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Test cricket should be the pinnacle of any cricketer. A battle of wills and minds..Human chess if you like.

I get slog cricket. A quick evening for the masses with all the razzmatazz . A short blast of entertainment. But for me five day test cricket has to be the ultimate game.

Boycott batting on uncovered pitches. I'll leave it there.

BFC Dave, Journo Tyke and churtonred like this.
  20. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    England pride themselves on winning series like this according to Root today. That will get them to the ultimate aim of WN1. Boycott or Vaughan never got to be in a team that's WN1 in anything.