Mick McCarthy, my view for what it's worth

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dragon Tyke, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    to start off with for some reason I do not think he will be our next manager, I think the new regime will not go for it
    . Would I like him to be our next manager ... yes , yes and HELL YES. So what is in it for him ? .... Well from what I can glean from the media the 'Tractor Boys' fans want rid, while the Tarn fans would love him to be BFC manager and have done for many a year. I totally get the arguments about a Tarn legend falling flat and thus his image ruined
    , but would that really be the case ? For me Macca is in a win win situation should he come to us. He is a local hero, hewn from the coal faces of S.Yorkshire. I know Hecky was a local lad BUT Macca did some time as a miner played some local league footy too and as such that counts in a lot of folks minds. Win Win I said , well yes, if he comes and we still go down then its arguable that he was left in a bad position to recover from. If he comes and we stay up then he is a tarn champion. Then if the go down situ happens and he gets us straight back again a hero. I do not want the man to be tarnished as SOOPER John was , and the second coming of Danny Wilson. But for me I would be like dog with two ****'s if the 'BIG MAC' was served up at Oakwell.

Capital Tyke likes this.
  2. monkeymeld

monkeymeld Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we should drop the idea of Mick Mac. It would be a dream come true for most of us, but it's just not going to happen. He doesn't fit with the template of 'the plan'. The new owners will be looking for someone that fits the mould, someone like Hecky that simply wants to work with the players and get the most out of them. This is why they will be looking abroad or to the lower leagues for someone with drive and ambition who would be comfortable in a 'head coach' role.

Whoever takes the helm, I'm sure they will have been carefully vetted to make sure they are the right man for the job, and we should all get behind them 100%! But for now, lets give Paul Harsley our full support on saturday, and get behind the lads willing to pull on a shirt for our team! I guarantee that if we beat the piggies on Saturday, we will all be demanding for PH to sign a contract on Sunday morning ;)

Kettlewell likes this.
  3. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We do not want McCarthy. The Local connection did not work with Heckingbottom - why should it with McCarthy. In some ways he is a bit of a dinosaur - old school - says it as it is, and I respect all that. He is not the man to take this club forward. It would be a huge step backwards. Let's not rush this...

Kettlewell likes this.
  4. RedKestrel

RedKestrel Well-Known Member

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My family know Macca's family quite well. He was never a Miner, neither was his Dad.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Kettlewell and Merde Tete like this.
  5. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Quite right Kestrel. And Roy Keane said he was a lovely person...

6. RedKestrel

RedKestrel Well-Known Member

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Roy Keane says everyone's a lovely person

David_Upper_East likes this.
  7. ubi

ubique_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ah thats it then, definitely no good for job o_O