Minority Report 2017/18 v Aston Villa

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Red Rain, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Against a team with Villa's ability & experience the first goal was crucial.

If one of Hammill & McCarthy's low ball's into the box in the first 20 mins would've been converted we'd have been in a brilliant position but a back 4 with the experience of Elmohamady, Terry, Chester & Davies with Whelan & Hourihane sat in front of them are never going to panic when under pressure defending a less & then they had the pace to counter us with the forwards & wide players.

2. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not really. We've been a lot better with 1 up top than 2 up top this season so far

sitting bull likes this.
  3. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In my experience, things are rarely as bad, or as good, as many believe them to be. If you read my stuff at all frequently, you will know that my watchword is PATIENCE. There is no way that I am suddenly going to turn into Mr Angry, after just one game. There is no doubt that Villa were the better team overall, or that they fully merited their win, but I stand by what I said in my original report. The margin between success and failure in this league is a very narrow one. You are perhaps a touch more disappointed than I because your expectations were higher than my own. Our team has been cobbled together from the lower leagues in just a few months. It was assembled at a fraction of the cost of the Villa team, but even allowing for that, it has not gelled yet, and there are players on the treatment table that will improve us. I think that you are being harsh in the conclusions that you draw and finally I will just repeat my call for PATIENCE.

55&counting and tinatyke like this.