Momentum

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by HowMuch!, Jun 1, 2019.

1. How

HowMuch! Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry scoff it's about football .

All I want as a Barnsley fan is to keep the promotion squad together and keep the momentum .
    Think of the 80 81 squad that nearly went thru to Div 1 (prem for you john come latelys).
    And the 2016 17 squad .

History is there to teach us a lesson .

Connor, Carlycu5tard, BobT and 4 others like this.
  2. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We have a different ownership setup but a familiar problem. The "live within our means" mantra means that while we don't have to sell, anyone waving 15-20K a week at any of our more promising players gets them. The only remedy therefore is to have plenty of younger recruits coming through the ranks in advance of any of our 'stars' being lured away. Hopefully, if we stabilise then the cost and quality of the new recruits being brought in will improve.

3. plu

plug Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Errrrr I don't agree, We have a different ownership with different options. If someone thinks they can wave 15_20k in front of one of our player's they better be waving many millions in front of our owners as well not forgetting how much of a sell on fee they are going to be offering as well!

4. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For all their collective wealth, from what we have seen and heard thus far, our Board appear to be very responsible people. They will no doubt, have an encyclopaedic understanding of the Financial Fair Play Regulations, hopefully allied to a commitment to never ever fall foul of them.

The 3rd October 2002, will live in my memory forever. The gut wrenching news that we had gone into administration really did prompt me to think that going forward, I might not have a Club to support. The feeling was not helped when it was announced that a local Councillor had offered to take us over , especially when vitriolic comments appeared to be made by participants on all "sides.

I for one, don't want to see us go back to those dark days and if we are to enjoy any success in the future, unlike some unscrupulous Clubs , I certainly don't want us to "cheat" to achieve our future ambitions.