Murray Press Conference...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Shepley Red, Oct 16, 2019.

1. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm unsure of Murray's credentials for the job in the long term or anything else.He did have a fairly good firefighting role at Mansfield from what I have read, but we are at a different level. I would say Hecky had little on his CV when he took over from Lee Johnson, a lot less than Murray TBH. Not saying anything in this as regards Murray's credentials, just stating a fact.

I've watched the full interview with him and Alex Mowatt on iPlayer & I can't see what more either of them can say at this point. It is what it is, but there is positivity there at least.

It does look like the two week international break has been used for hard training & Mowatt's comments do indicate that Murray has them set up to play in a slightly different way, what that is remains to be seen. I expect a slightly different shape, but still a pressing style, as Murray talked about us keeping our style of play.

The worst thing that can happen on Saturday is for the fans to vent their justified anger & frustrations towards Murray, or the players. The players have made individual mistakes & many of us feel with greater experience those could have been reduced & they could have been given a better chance. We are all angry about the crass statement following Daniel's dismissal too. What we need is support on the pitch & a search for answers to be made elsewhere, like our forum and future fan meetings with the owners / CEO. In the long run we can all vote with our feet. The sad thing is our much loved manager, Daniel Stendel is gone & a new episode opens. We have no idea where this may take us, for me January is the time to sum up the position & real commitment of our owners in making us the Championship club, that was their stated intent. I'm as sceptical about those intentions as the next person at the current time, but to make the Swansea game a day of protest will get us absolutely nowhere.

2. Dub-Tyke

Dub-Tyke Well-Known Member

Great Post.

Mid-table by Christmas and people suddenly will be saying different things.

John Peachy likes this.
  3. How

HowMuch! Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

4. Ste

Steve Wood Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Having watched both interviews in full I was pretty impressed and couldn’t fault Murray at all. I agree that press conferences are meaningless and what happens on the pitch is where he will be truly judged, but thought he handled the situation very well indeed. Some of the negativity on here is ridiculous tbh and totally misplaced. The silence from those in charge has been pathetic but no-one can have a go at Murray on the basis of that interview. I wish the lad well...

5. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well the last caretaker manager appointed from the Academy with no managerial experience , in similar circumstances, kept us up and in the division for three seasons and got us to an FACup semi final

55&counting and David_Upper_East like this.
  6. Old

Old Gimmer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good for you. And I’m sure you respect the fact that many of us are so disgusted by recent events that we struggle to share your feelings.

7. Old

Old Gimmer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I certainly will. I’ll also start believing In fairies.

Dub-Tyke likes this.
  8. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    the love child of Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough wouldn’t get this team too mid table.

Dalestykes likes this.
  9. Jak

Jake The Red Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The statement was really bad. The recruitment in lots of people's minds should have been better. It was perhaps harsh to see Stendel depart.

Adam Murray did what I felt was a decent job on camera this morning. Which I said.

I didn't oppose anyone's view, I just gave my own. It was you who responded to me in a less than respectful manner. And now you're replying again asking if I'll respect a counter POV.

It's an opinion forum isn't it and that's great. I respect most of them. But don't chastise me for supporting my club. Not all of us have given in.

wakeyred, lumpyredsfan and scarf like this.
  10. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Which Christmas are we talking?

11. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The players won't play for this kid. Guarantee it.

12. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What? He got a promotion with someone else’s squad then went off and was a habitual failure there on after.

13. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe not Jimmy, I agree, but I want the vitriol posted at the right people, if so, hot the caretaker manager. or the young players. Hope you agree on this, as I value you.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  14. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep , I never really took to Davy and thought Ritchie was harshly treated but the fact of the matter is he kept us up and got us to a Semi final

15. fit

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I disagree. I don't think there will be any animosity towards him, just towards the board.

Redhelen likes this.
  16. fit

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Depends. If someone's lost interest enough to withdraw their support, then you might have a case.

The rest of us will still comment as we see fit.

Redhelen likes this.
  17. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope people aren’t too negative towards Murray. He’ll do his best in the role & that’s all we can ask for. We’ve got to remember he’s been a manager before & he’ll want to be one again so any positive results either put him in the frame for our job or another football league job.

Stern’s never managed & Tonge was only an assistant for the kids until 11 months ago where as Murray has managed so I’d imagine that’s why he’s got the caretaker gig.

I think people have to realise that we aren’t getting a proven manager as it’s an almost certain relegation on their record. Whoever comes in will probably be a relative novice or someone who’s not necessarily done well elsewhere that the board think has potential, maybe Murray, I don’t know but we aren’t the typical managerial job, there won’t be a queue of managers wanting to coach kids.

John Peachy and Steve Wood like this.
  18. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How dare you suggest that those who are critical of the current regime aren't supporting the club. They are two different things altogether.

19. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In the circumstances there is no choice. The board have thrown last season away as a building block to all intents and purposes.i ve nothing against the man as I know diddly squat about him but I do hope he's got broad shoulders as Saturday will not be an easy first match for him.

wakeyred likes this.
  20. Jak

Jake The Red Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Read the full dialogue between myself and the other fella. For a start off, I have been critical of the regime myself. So your statement makes no sense.

The other fella responded to my singular opinion on the press conference today by inferring I'd accept anything.

I am capable of disagreeing with the board's statement, I can be against the strict recruitment policy and be disappointed to see Daniel leave and yet still hold a positive opinion on Adam Murray in his press video. They aren't one and the same.

I asked that he doesn't chastise me for my supporting of my club because we haven't all given up. Which is a reference to quite a few on this board who've posted about not going to games any more.

Everyone is entitled to do/act as they so wish. But I'm not going to be made to feel bad for supporting my club. I have followed this club of ours for as long as I can remember through good, bad and mainly indifferent. I'm not walking away based on the last week. I have issues with how the club's been run at times but I think some of the reaction has bordered on silly this last seven days.

Goodnight to you though. We want the same things, all of us, in terms of our club.

ScubaTyke, John Peachy and Steve Wood like this.