Natural born leaders

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by benjamoose, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ben

benjamoose Well-Known Member

After watching in disbelief at our shambolic defending yesterday I can’t quite put my finger on why these types of goals keep being conceded week in, week out

We nearly conceded early on from a stupid pass from Yiadom to put Lindsay under pressure who then loses the ball to alioski, who puts the ball narrowly wide. The warning signs were there from the start!

Fast forward to the 1st goal, Potts gets pressured from vieira, plays an hospital ball, their lad runs from midfield without a tackle put in and has all the time in the world to slot the ball in the bottom corner!

2nd goal is even worse! Why mills hesitates and doesn’t go through the lad is beyond me?! And what on earth is fryers doing losing his marker, allowing alioski to tap in from 6 yards!

I don’t know whether all of the above is down to discipline, experience or purely not caring. I keep hearing it’s down to ability but this stuff is training ground tactics which is coached from an early age

I do believe it needs to come from the coaching staff who need to drill this into the team! I never see Jose stood up at all during the game, barking orders out!

If we don’t have a natural leader on the pitch then it has to come from him!

We need 11 leaders out there from now til the end of the season and we cannot accept passengers. Granted we are scoring and creating chances but if we are to continue to concede these sloppy goals and lack the concentration required, then I really do not hold any hope of us staying in this league

2. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Leader
    Leaders need followers to be successful. Hows that work when there are 11 leaders?

3. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can put my finger on it. You have but don’t want to admit it

4. Old Goat

Old Goat Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We've been lacking a leader all season, so God knows where we're gonna find eleven of em at short notice.
    I'll try E-bay...