New match day walk on Music.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Donny Red, Jun 24, 2017.

1. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure why we need 'walk on music' as well as Timerider. Isn't Timerider our walk on music? Or if not, shouldn't it be? As ST says it gets people on their feet (or it used to do before they realised that it doesn't mean the players are emerging). I always found the playing of Insomnia really random, not just because it is a rubbish song ;) but I didn't get the purpose of it.

BBBFC likes this.
  2. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I watched all that. No idea why.

3. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Chop Suey is better.

Tykeofthetown likes this.
  4. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Lyrically brilliant and one I thought of based on that. I love that band, but not sure it'd take off among the locals.

5. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I think you're forgetting that thing called 'time'. It moves forward. And as much as I'm with you in yearning for the late 90's and the proper tunnel, the simplicity, Toby doing his run from halfway etc, times change and we've a generation of youngsters who actually want the modern approach. For every man/woman like you and me who prefer things how they were, there's others who want it differently.

I will do my best to revamp that 15/20 minutes before the game. You know my opinion of the scoreboard. It should never have shown video. Because it shows it up for how small it is. Graphics are fine. It tells the score. It can have messages on. Job's a good un. But video on it is pointless. It's still a big improvement on the old one, but it's 66% too small in my opinion. I would love a much bigger one, I'd soon get that ground bouncing if I had that canvas to work on. Maybe GG will sort that in time. We'll see. But as with lots of things, we can only piss with the dick we've got.

I would scrap Timerider tomorrow. It's awful. And I say that as a lad who has only ever known that be played. Keith Hill came in and we played I Am The Resurrection. Much better. But fans went mental and screamed for Timerider. So we can't get rid. But it's awful as entrance music.

Insomnia is fine. But I went to 20 odd other grounds last season and it's used at quite a few. That killed it for me.

Brentford had 'Hard To Beat' by Hard-Fi. Superb. I want something 'ours' like that. If whatever we choose doesn't go down well, we will piss around til we drop on something.

Appreciate the feedback.

PS - I am going to suggest that Toby does his pre-match halfway run and shot again. Would folk prefer that? Get him front and centre again?

shed131, Connor, Jamo and 2 others like this.
  6. Tykeofthetown

Tykeofthetown Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I loved Toby's run and shot and cried cheer when he scored also loved when he goaded away fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor, BBBFC, mwithay1 and 2 others like this.
  7. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Will try and up the ante with Toby. But there are rules for mascots these days. Everything has been diluted over time. I'll see what I can do.

Tykeofthetown likes this.
  8. roy

royston tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Get a bit of "Danger Zone" on whitey from Top Gun. Not heard that anywhere before

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Always remember the time we played Manchester City at home. They were jeering Toby so just before kick off
    he went to the North Stand end got on all fours cocked his leg up against the post and simulated a gypsies kiss.
    I think he got told off for that. Also the time he stuck the nut on Huddersfield Towns mascot was hilarious.
    Toby, Toby, Toby.

That Man City game finished 2-0 to us ( think Jovo score) . We footballed 'em to death. I was on the Pontefract Road end.
    Ten minutes to go they had a corner. Uwe Rosler stepped into the back of our net just before the ball was centred and asked
    one of our fans " how long is there to go". ? He was that hacked off he just wanted to get off.
    Their star man Kinkladze never got a kick. Well he did but it was Bosancic doing all the kicking.!

Connor likes this.
  10. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very left field, but the intro to U2's Where the Streets Have no Name is about 1 min long, builds up to a bit of a crescendo.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

11. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Re-sign Taggart and make it this.

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fans Forum

Metatarsal likes this.
  12. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Money for nothin dire straits.:D:mad:

13. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of all the grounds I've been to, the one that I love is Local Hero, Mark Knopfler, at Newcastle. An earlier poster has mentioned Fanfare to the Common Man by Emerson Lake and Palmer, which I also remember being the theme to Saturday Sport on Radio Sheffield when Bob Jackson presented it.

What about Fatboy Slim, Weapon of Choice? With Hecky or Angus coming out of the tunnel doing Christopher Walken's moves?

Complete left field, I got told about playing tracks by Andrew WK when turbo training on the bike. Party Hard, We Want Fun were a couple I think.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

wolvestyke likes this.
  14. wolvestyke

wolvestyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd like a song that we can sing. It starts to get difficult then though as it has to have a wide appeal and would be better if the words somehow connect to supporting the Reds. After some deliberation my two efforts are:

and

15. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    100% - Fanfare For the Common Man immediately cutting into Timerider.

leebrilleaux, Xerxes and Metatarsal like this.
  16. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    This would be my suggestion, although not sure it would have the desire effect in a half empty stadium:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Tykeofthetown

Tykeofthetown Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was there a game around the same time he pinched a coppers hat and wore it and actually got into bother fir doing it or have a made that up, also I remember him picking up some bog roll that had been lobbed into the pitch by the away lot, he walked up wiped his arse on it and threw it back in crowd 90s Toby was brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwithay1 likes this.
  18. Cumbrian_Tyke

Cumbrian_Tyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Excuse the language.

19. Mat

Matt49 Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If we're after summat unique and is mainly for the modern fan, why not reach out to young uns with a bit of musical propensity, see if they can come up with a short piece of music either in their bands or knocking summat together on their computer. Make a competition out of it.

Media team might even have a few pieces of iconic commentary to be sampled.

Just an idea anyway

20. The Ted

The Ted Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Definitely the best suggestion so far IMO.