New Zealand terror attacks

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by KamikazeCo-Pilot, Mar 15, 2019.

1. George Kerr

George Kerr Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ["]No. There's probably no reference in the bible to women not being allowed to vote either.
    Religion is open to interpretation.

As a Christian I have no problem with Islam. I do have a profound concern about fundamentalism, not just in the Muslim faith but also in the Christian faith. The roots of Islam go back go back to the early days of the Old Testament to Abraham's sons Isaac and Ishmael. The Jews and subsequently Christians followed the Isaac path and the Ishmael route led the way to the Muslim faith which is why much of the theocratic rules in Leviticus and Deuteronomy appear in the Quran and why fundamentalists of both faiths hold them dear. Like the stoning of an aldulterous woman, fundermentalist gloss over things like Jesus saying to the adulterous woman "go away and sin no more".
    The Old testament has been used to justify slavery, wars and reducing women to second class citizens.

2. Plankton Pete

Plankton Pete Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Correct, ban the balaclava and the Mexican wrestling mask.

And the motorcycle helmet.

John Peachy likes this.
  3. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Spot on post this. All the more fundamentalist Abrahamic religions encourage female head covering, Jewish, Christian & Muslim.
    There are loose references to female modesty in the first 5 books of the Old Testament (holy books in all 3 religions).
    As a teenager I was involved with Barnsley Christian Fellowship for a while, that ran a school in Barnsley that my aunt taught at for a while. Most of the women wore headscarves in church (as is the case in a lot of US churches). They used serious mind control there & I still bear scars from it & have a pretty dim view of all forms of fundamentalism.

Hating all christians / jews / muslims plays right into the hands of the fundamentalists, a few of whom promote violence. This applies to right wing christian groups, linked to shootings, some Zionist groups linked to Likud & to muslim terror cells, that all benefit from hate speech to promote their causes.

4. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Only just seen this. Strange post. You guessed wrong. My post actually included the phrase "racists like Tommy Robinson". Fail to see how that defends him. It is though, a valid to question, not that I raised it in my post, how a direct link between a far right racist in the UK and a massacre in New Zealand by someone who almost certainly has never heard of him seemed to be assumed by the media who pursued Robinson for comments about the massacre.

5. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Wasn’t assumed by the media, the gunman referred to him as he did the nutter who mowed down people near the mosque in London .
    He also referred the lovely person who killed th MP and the rape victims in Rotherham. Lots of other references to events in Britain and Europe etc so don’t know how you come to conclusion he would never have heard of Tommy Robinson or whatever his real name is .

John Peachy likes this.
  6. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Sorry. Did not know that. Not really followed the story that closely so was unaware that the murderer was so obsessed with the UK nut jobs. I still maintain, however, there is something in the upbringing/environment of these people that perpetrate these atrocities and attempt to justify them. As evidenced on here, the natural reaction of the overwhelming majority of people is one of revulsion, not to mention incomprehension as to how/why someone could do this.

7. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Well never know what goes through their heads and tbh I don’t want to but imo it’s mixing with like minded people and their sense of belonging to such groups .
    Preaching of hate has been tolerated and allowed to flourish in the past whether nazi style marches or preaching in mosques.
    There’s no doubt the internet has had an effect in contacts and sharing etc and that needs to be addressed and not just terrorism tbf,
    Things that happen around the world are in our homes in a heartbeat and depending which forum is sharing there’s different messages for each incident eg abhorrent or praise etc.
    The NZ prime minister had refused to use his name in public and imo that’s the way to go deprive them of the fame they crave either Islamic or far right .

John Peachy likes this.