Next Season

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by andy67, Jun 21, 2018.

1. and

andy67 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't usually get ahead of myself as supporting the mighty reds for years know we never do anything easy.
    But having seen the fixture list with a half decent squad even the one we came down with if we cannot piss that league we might as well give up!!!
    With a few additions and if got fit which weve been lacking the last few years should be a decent season to watch as would expect to win most games

2. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We will absolutely not piss the league.

However, I'd expect us to at least compete and be pushing for the top 6, provided we make a few quality additions this summer.

3. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'm never sure why people think an abysmal team that was unfit, failed to press and not especially creative, that lost 3 of its best players and which deserved relegation has a right to bounce back and smash the league below at the first time of asking. It does sometimes happen, but often changes occur, or were continued if they were made late in the previous season. We have a new manager, we'll be changing tactics and strategies and we don't know how many of the better players we have that will be staying, who will be added and how quickly our players will adapt to a new coach.

At this stage, I don't think any of us can have confidence saying whether we'd go up, stay up, or go down again.

Kettlewell and Harrogate Red like this.
  4. Don

Donks Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My main cause of optimism is that we have a number of players that are proven to be good at this level.

5. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

We could do well, but piss the league? Dunno about that.

There are some decent clubs in league one this time.

Redstone likes this.
  6. and

andy67 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The team last season were unfit for the league, were allowed to play without total dedication seemed tactically naive and under prepared.
    The midfield had no steel the defence had to face an onslaught from midfield and must have had major concerns over the keeper.
    Put in a decent keeper and with Pinnock and another got a nucleus of a defence full backs a concern.
    Midfield needs a leader to organize the young lads and basically do to them what Roberts did to McDonald.
    Winger's if is grove gets fit and injury free with possibly hedges on the other.
    Upfront hopes Bradshaw hits it off with Moore.
    Take in a fit motivated Thiam if we can get him going.
    Saw the playoffs which were very bitty.
    Like I said fit, organized and motivated and again ID say wed piss it

7. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rotherham. That’s why. And to be fair Wigan and Blackburn weren’t much better and look how they did. We have a comparable squad to any of those and probably equal finances.

Kettlewell and fitzytyke2 like this.
  8. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    And Wigan appointed a superb new manager, Blackburn backed Mowbray and they changed their squad

We've lost our 3 best players and I'm sure, despite what's been said about not needing to sell (we said same last relegation and still offloaded cranie ogrady and Steele), moncur and Bradshaw at least will be cashed in

The decisions we make will go a long way to which division we'll be in next season... It's by no means a shoo in that this motley looking crew have the ability to win promotion

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018