No Potts no...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jay, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think we'll be a much better team without him.

He was behind Mowatt, McGeehan and Dougall in central midfield. Behind Moncur and Bahre as a number 10. We accommodated him on the wing and he could be very effective when driving out of defence. But he could also be a real hindrance in a slower game when we needed a bit of skill and the ball crossed in for Moore.

Brown and Thiam are much more effective wide players. Mowatt and McGeehan are improving all the time. Dougall is everyone's favourite.

And hopefully, with the silly amount we got for Potts, we can get another forward, a wide midfielder and a full back and still have some change.

2. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t think Brad Potts is anything special but he was a regular starter in a winning team & I never like to lose one of them in mid-season especially when we lack depth due to Isgrove & Hedges constant injuries.

We looked brilliant today but do we expect Cavare, Thiam & Brown to all perform like that regularly when they haven’t up to now? Like you say definitely need bodies in, just got to hope they’re up to speed very quickly

Sopwith Camel likes this.
  3. OxR

OxRed Well-Known Member

I expect all three to kick on and improve now that they’re fully integrated and trusted

Merde Tete likes this.
  4. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with this.

Brown had a very good game today but whether he’ll be as consistent as Potts was, I’m not so sure.

I’d still like a player in.

5. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    We were much better today after the first 20 mins when we got the ball down and played.

6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

To be fair cavare has been good since he was dropped. thiam seems to have thrived off a run of games he has been really good since blackpool away. Sometimes players need a run of games to shine although I agree we need a good replacement in who can hit the ground running. We can't rely on a young lad in his 1st season in the senior team to fill in for Potts.
    With hedges he has been back from injury for a while but has looked annoynamus each time he has featured. I don't hold any hope of seeing isgrove play again this season.

7. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If someone had told me we had started a game without Dougall and potts a few week's ago...and be turning teams over 3...0....I would have thought you were mad......oh and that Mcgeehan would be our most improved player or mom in arguably the last two games.
    Well done reds...very much enjoying watching our football.
    Oooh quick message to board (if you read this).......please ......please ....please.... don't sell anyone this Jan.......thanks!!

Abruzzo Red, seethi and Tykeored like this.
  8. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bradford were so incredibly poor it’s hard to make a judgement about potts absence either way.

9. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’d like to think the same but we’ve got to be very careful we don’t leave ourselves short

10. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll be the first to admit that I was very unhappy when he was sold. I expected us to lose some of our drive going forwards but on the evidence of today there is life after Potts. I still think we need a couple of players in to strengthen the squad.